Crazy Points Standings after Phoenix

Joker

#1 Harvick Fan
ocPyt-_7vYze2Fmf5ihdQEsfjgIZWtNQfn0NR9oHeo8.jpg

Bubba tied with Byron? Buescher ahead of Truex? DiBenedetto ahead of Kyle Busch?

At least Harvick at the top makes sense ;)

I guess it is crazy or defies the conventional expectations.But most of it is temporary, time will sort it out.
Unexpected results are a good thing. It is an evidence of the competitive nature, what can you do now and not what you did last year etc...

It makes the Season interesting -- and it seems like a nice boost for drivers and teams that can get some early momentum.

Dibenedetto makes sense.. he's basically in a Penske car.. which are arguably the class of the field so far

..but really the top 10 in points aren't that crazy

Dibenedetto makes sense.. he's basically in a Penske car.. which are arguably the class of the field so far

It's so early it doesn't mean much, but I think if somebody would have predicted that there would be four "Penske" cars, three HMS cars and no JGR cars in the top ten, or that Bowman would have a win and Kyle, Martin, Kevin and Brad wouldn't have one after four races, I think people would think they had been drinking

DiBi and Aric are the big shocks to me. Aric is really outrunning Clint this year.

It's so early it doesn't mean much, but I think if somebody would have predicted that there would be four "Penske" cars, three HMS cars and no JGR cars in the top ten, or that Bowman would have a win and Kyle, Martin, Kevin and Brad wouldn't have one after four races, I think people would think they had been drinking
They would have really thought that they had been drinking and on drugs too if Bowman or Blaney hadn't stopped for tires on the last few laps in Vegas.;):)

Some of the Daytona finishes are still paying off and the Vegas finishes were wacky as heck.

None of the rookie class sitting in the top 20 yet....I would have bet everything

Some of the Daytona finishes are still paying off and the Vegas finishes were wacky as heck.

None of the rookie class sitting in the top 20 yet....I would have bet everything
Reddick will get there.

Reddick will get there.
Custer is only 4 points out from 20th also. Reddicks aggressive driving is going to work real well with the style of racing that is going on, and Custer has shown in the lower series he is a banger too and they both have bumped heads in the Xfinity series. I'm not believing this aw we're friends now between the two. Both of them want to win the rookie of the year so bad they can taste it.

So what trends do you see keeping up, and who will rise/fall to their expected place?
I think the Toys will not be holding top spots until JGR finds something to replace the Bondo advantage they enjoyed. I wonder how much the absence of Cole is affecting all the teams because of shared information no longer flowing.

How many times have the Detroit Lions started off strong and faded away? All of them. You can't judge a team before the first half of the schedule is over

Toyota is awful. It's over. TRD can't get out of its own way. Over I tell ya. Over. Legal cars are slow. NASCAR handed them everything anyway. They never earned a damn thing. That should about cover it, right? ;)

I think the Toys will not be holding top spots until JGR finds something to replace the Bondo advantage they enjoyed. I wonder how much the absence of Cole is affecting all the teams because of shared information no longer flowing.

I'm staring at Bristol and Richmond for them to right the ship. If they're still struggling (aka not dominating) after that point then yeah I think they're looking at an uphill battle. Loss of Pearn has to hurt at least a little bit. Truex has been running decent with bad luck, got run over by Almirola last weekend, and then the tire penalty at Vegas, looked like he had a car that could contend for the win with Chase before their problems.

Back
Top Bottom