Creepy Guys Are Gonna Creep

ladyspartan16

Team Owner
So it's official... some men just have no tact

This guy comes in last and just kept flirting after I shut him down. I had to pretend to be gay to get him to stop. He then insisted that I take down his phone number. I don't a send him up to his room. At this point it's very late and I'm waiting for my relief to come so I am the only employee on property. He calls a few minutes later to ask me to come up to check the water in his room because it was cold. I told him I couldn't come up because I couldn't leave the desk but he was welcome to come down to the desk and get keys for a new room. He hung and then called back to ask if I could come upstairs and unlock the new room and I told him that he'd have to come get the new key. Again I told him no, he'd have to come downstairs to get the key.

10 minutes later he came and got the new key and the repeatedly asked if I was going to call him and and I told him no. He then kept asking me why after I told him no. I have him the new keys and he told me to hold his number "with your sexy self". I walk back to the back office to ignore him and get my phone to call the police if need be.

He called three more times after that saying his new room still had cold water (Mind you no one else in the hotel has water issues) and telling me to come up and check it. By this time my relief had arrived. I gave her the passdown and a heads up and left.

Got to work today and apparently he wants a refund.

Yep, a lot of men out there are assholes, sorry you have to deal what that ****.

What a ****** creep, you should of called the cops on him.

I wish there was something you could do, I would inform my employer. I am not sure anything can be done but maybe they have a protocol on how handle this type of creep.

So it's official... some men just have no tact

This guy comes in last and just kept flirting after I shut him down. I had to pretend to be gay to get him to stop. He then insisted that I take down his phone number. I don't a send him up to his room. At this point it's very late and I'm waiting for my relief to come so I am the only employee on property. He calls a few minutes later to ask me to come up to check the water in his room because it was cold. I told him I couldn't come up because I couldn't leave the desk but he was welcome to come down to the desk and get keys for a new room. He hung and then called back to ask if I could come upstairs and unlock the new room and I told him that he'd have to come get the new key. Again I told him no, he'd have to come downstairs to get the key.

10 minutes later he came and got the new key and the repeatedly asked if I was going to call him and and I told him no. He then kept asking me why after I told him no. I have him the new keys and he told me to hold his number "with your sexy self". I walk back to the back office to ignore him and get my phone to call the police if need be.

He called three more times after that saying his new room still had cold water (Mind you no one else in the hotel has water issues) and telling me to come up and check it. By this time my relief had arrived. I gave her the passdown and a heads up and left.

Got to work today and apparently he wants a refund.
http://customerthink.com/why-sexual-harassment-is-a-customer-service-issue/

But how enforcable is the ban? If eh reserves online/through a 3rd party, will it stop him? What if he has a playmate reserve the room?

But how enforcable is the ban? If eh reserves online/through a 3rd party, will it stop him? What if he has a playmate reserve the room?

If he comes to the front desk and tries to check in he will be turned away. We have a 100% ID check. If someone else makes the reservation and checks in there is nothing we can do but call the cops if we see him.

Stalker possibly? Document any contact he attempts to make going forward. Nowadays you never know what you're dealing with.

I'm not a world traveler but one company sent me up and down the East coast for many years handling major insurance claims. Not every place I stayed was the Ritz but if there was a problem I was always moved to another room. I never asked a desk clerk to come to my room.
Creepy doesn't come close....

Back
Top Bottom