Crying Ryan Newman

R

racerx11

Shut up and go have a beer. Boy did he make himself look like an ass.

Originally posted by racerx11@May 17 2003, 09:31 PM
Damn, Tony wasn't that close to him. Now Jeff Gordon.....thats a different story, he was close to people. lol

Originally posted by Bucky Badger+May 17 2003, 09:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bucky Badger @ May 17 2003, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--racerx11@May 17 2003, 09:31 PM
Damn, Tony wasn't that close to him. Now Jeff Gordon.....thats a different story, he was close to people. lol [/b][/quote]
Maybe Jeff just likes to be up close and personal with people. :eek: :wacko: :lol:

Jeff and Tony were just giving the people what they want to see. There is a large segment of race "fans" who really enjoy a good crash. I will admit I think it definitely makes a rcae more interesting. The only time I really hate to see wrecking is at a plate "race" where everybody is intentionally held together by eliminating throttle response to manufacture "the Big One".

I would be upset to if I were Ryan, he has had terrible luck lately after being one of the preseason favorites to win the cup.

Originally posted by gordon24fan@May 18 2003, 02:28 PM
I would be upset to if I were Ryan, he has had terrible luck lately after being one of the preseason favorites to win the cup.
Yeah but he was upset with the wrong person. He should have been upset with himself. He did it .

I thought it was hilarious when Tony said Ryan had been trying to wreck himself for the last 4 laps before he finally succeeded :XXROFL:

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@May 18 2003, 05:38 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Tony said Ryan had been trying to wreck himself for the last 4 laps before he finally succeeded :XXROFL:
I like Newman, but that was pretty funny! :lol:

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@May 19 2003, 07:08 AM
I was glad Dick corrected Ryan while on camera.
Good point, TRL. Once Ryan calmed down he began to realize more of what actually happened. I think most drivers did a good job of walking things off before they were interviewed.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@May 19 2003, 07:08 AM
They set Ryan up though. He was asked what happened on the race track and they knew what he was going to say, they let him rant and then corrected him. I think they should have told him before the interview so he wouldn't look like an a$$. Then what kind of interview would that have been?

Originally posted by bowtie+May 19 2003, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ May 19 2003, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TexasRaceLady@May 19 2003, 07:08 AM
They set Ryan up though. He was asked what happened on the race track and they knew what he was going to say, they let him rant and then corrected him. I think they should have told him before the interview so he wouldn't look like an a$$. Then what kind of interview would that have been?[/b][/quote]
Maybe they should do that to more drivers. Might get them to think before responding, or at least ask the crew chief what he saw. Might have been a way for FOX to do a little payback on Ryan's response to Zaleski too.

Of course as I'm writing this, it comes to me that if they do do that to drivers, they may be shooting themselves in the foot if it results in more drivers actually thinking before they speak.

He shouldn't have blamed anyone before finding out first.
not the first time a driver has done that and certainly won't be the last.

I can't stand a driver that Whines!

They guy has no class. There is $1 million on the line, what the heck did he expect?

The format is Saturday Night racing on a 1.5 mile track at 180 MPH.

If you can't take the heat go to the amusement park and ride the go carts!

looked like to me that mark martin turned his front end downwards and messed up ryan.

Anyway to the real point. I guess I can understand his anger, he has had bad luck all year after having such a good rookie year.

Originally posted by bowtie+May 19 2003, 09:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bowtie @ May 19 2003, 09:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TexasRaceLady@May 19 2003, 07:08 AM
They set Ryan up though. He was asked what happened on the race track and they knew what he was going to say, they let him rant and then corrected him. I think they should have told him before the interview so he wouldn't look like an a$$. Then what kind of interview would that have been? [/b][/quote]
A very good point,Bowtie.The press were the ones who lacked class.Newman just acted like most folks would have:frustrated.Sure he was mistaken about Tony,but that is beside the point.Rest assured Dick knew excactly what Ryan's response would be.

Originally posted by 97forever+May 19 2003, 08:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ May 19 2003, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bowtie@May 19 2003, 09:00 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--TexasRaceLady
@May 19 2003, 07:08 AM

They set Ryan up though. He was asked what happened on the race track and they knew what he was going to say, they let him rant and then corrected him. I think they should have told him before the interview so he wouldn't look like an a$$. Then what kind of interview would that have been?
A very good point,Bowtie.The press were the ones who lacked class.Newman just acted like most folks would have:frustrated.Sure he was mistaken about Tony,but that is beside the point.Rest assured Dick knew excactly what Ryan's response would be. [/b][/quote]
I agree as well...they should of not done that! <_<

He needed a few minutes of calming down, and getting the info he needed...

Back
Top Bottom