Cup engine. Cylinder heads are where the magic happens.

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
sucp_0712_01_zchevy_NASCAR_enginer07_small_block.jpg

TRD heads ( JGR, I believe Kensths ride)
LQxlalc.jpg

And Ford's FR9 engine
44885434094_1fcf24f54c_c.jpg

Oh, so you want to see a real one uh? here ya go, from Brad K's Fusion
fl0YtHZ.jpg

When I die, I want my casket to look like a giant TRD valve cover. I am serious.

TRD heads ( JGR, I believe Kensths ride)
LQxlalc.jpg

And Ford's FR9 engine
44885434094_1fcf24f54c_c.jpg

Oh, so you want to see a real one uh? here ya go, from Brad K's Fusion
fl0YtHZ.jpg

I would like to see a side by side comparison of a HMS engine and Roush/Yates engine in regards to the oil pan sizes that makes the Fords run a completely different front clip.

I believe Rodney Childers said the mounts on the Ford engine were lower then the Chevrolet's they were using, they had to completely re do their front suspensions. Pretty much had to replace the whole front clip on their pre built cars when they switched over.

I just want a simple funeral without the beautiful bow tie valve covers.
Just crank up a Chevy race car that has obviously raced and still has the beautiful dings. It still would have the worn tires and the residual burnt rubber perfume.
Crank it up loud, it needs to be loud, rattling the sheet metal and surroundings the perfume of the racing gas would fill the air.
It would be too loud for an eulogy. Make it a carburated modified with the long side pipes.

Then just pour me ashes slowly in the carburator slowly one early morning and let it blow the ashes into a worthy receptacle, A long and lean twirling nude supermodel.

I have requested that one third of my ashes be spread at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, one third thrown into the firebox of an operating steam locomotive (Nickel Plate Road 765) and one third spread near the creek in my back yard where I have lived my whole life. I kind of dig the the valve cover styled casket though. :)

I've forgotten who it was, but a Nascar engine builder passed away a few years ago. At his funeral, his son began the eulogy this way...

"Dad's life was founded upon four cornerstones... God, country, family, and the 426 Hemi."

426-Hemi-in-race-trim_thumb.jpg

I believe Rodney Childers said the mounts on the Ford engine were lower then the Chevrolet's they were using, they had to completely re do their front suspensions. Pretty much had to replace the whole front clip on their pre built cars when they switched over.
Richard Petty said the same thing when he switched to Ford. Then he was faster than Roush for awhile.

Enjoy it while you can, next year they'll be the most expensive 500 horsepower engines in history.

What amazes me is the maximum flow and quality of the tig welds of those headers..... Built as light as possible. ....
The alloy used to construct them is called Inconel 625. The material cost alone for 1 set is approx $2000. They can be used 3 or 4 times before they’re taken out of service. The tubing is thin as in thin.

Teams use 3 or 4 different exhaust header configurations dependent upon torque curve requirements for different tracks.

To date, no-one has blamed falling attendance and TV ratings on Inconel 625.

I just want a simple funeral without the beautiful bow tie valve covers.
Just crank up a Chevy race car that has obviously raced and still has the beautiful dings. It still would have the worn tires and the residual burnt rubber perfume.
Crank it up loud, it needs to be loud, rattling the sheet metal and surroundings the perfume of the racing gas would fill the air.
It would be too loud for an eulogy. Make it a carburated modified with the long side pipes.

Then just pour me ashes slowly in the carburator slowly one early morning and let it blow the ashes into a worthy receptacle, A long and lean twirling nude supermodel.

This is the most epic post in the history of this forum. I feel like I should send you money.

Back
Top Bottom