Cup RACE thread ---- Gateway

Why don't Nascar stop taking points and start having penalties like starting a race 5 laps down or take 20hp.
That would have the effect of the car finishing badly in the next race and not earn many points. The big difference is that this way, NASCAR can guarantee how many points it will cost the offenders.

That would have the effect of the car finishing badly in the next race and not earn many points. The big difference is that this way, NASCAR can guarantee how many points it will cost the offenders.
Yeah, I know... I just wish they'd inspect the car before the race only, if it passes that's it. If it fails they start in the rear and loose pit stall pick , sit crew members, whatever.. I'm just feel taking points off the board is ridiculous. Nascar wants to be like other sports, but Nascars is the only one the takes away points. If a NFL player or players use PADs should the NFL take away wins, or give them a lower seeding in the playoffs? They fine and suspend the player or players. Do it 3 times and you're done... You think that might get there attention?

Why don't Nascar stop taking points and start having penalties like starting a race 5 laps down or take 20hp.
You penalize for the race you ran not a future race, unless of course its a discipline penalty

If a NFL player or players use PADs should the NFL take away wins, or give them a lower seeding in the playoffs? They fine and suspend the player or players. Do it 3 times and you're done... You think that might get there attention?
There's no way to prove PEDs were being taken at the time of a team win, only that they were present at the time of the sample. A car failing post-race inspection was obviously illegal when the race was run.

There's no way to prove PEDs were being taken at the time of a team win, only that they were present at the time of the sample. A car failing post-race inspection was obviously illegal when the race was run.
should they test after the game? Could you imagine your teams wins the Super Bowl and the next day someone fails a test and they say, that's -14 points you lose.. That would drive fans nuts and would kill the NFL...
If Nascar can't find a problem before the race the car should be legal.

Back
Top Bottom