Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

We haven't had a full season format in 17 years. The entire season body of work is irrelevant..are we still having this convo?

Elliot's title is completely fair and by the rules. He would have won across all playoff formats.

He had speed through out the year, the first half of the year he had the 2nd biggest central speed rating according to motorsports analytics (Blaney had the highest) And scored the most points in the final 10 races. It sucks that Harvick wrecked at Texas, but teams have known, for 17 years, you need to be at your best with minimum margin for error.

Elliot is champ. Just as valid as any other.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Convo will continue to be had as long as the playoffs live.

The driver's play by the points system they're handed, that doesn't take anything away from them, at the same time that doesn't make it the most just decision for NASCAR to use said system. If Harvick's historically great season didn't highlight that enough last year, then I don't know what to say.

I missed the race thread during the race but sounds like I didn’t miss much. Chase fans complaining the whole time, Jaqua changing his mind 10 times who had the best car, people saying KB is washed for finishing top 10 with a dune buggy , and people calling Denny a scrub because Truex had a faster car when the sun went down
Pretty much nailed it!

Hell, nascar has even added cartoon caricatures to the broadcast this year 🤣
Frickin' comic book crap, yeah I hate that too. I'm surprised they don't draw masks on them. Don't let me get started on drivers being interviewed outdoors and having to wear masks.
They are Fox Sports graphics and they have been created for every sport that Fox carries, not just NASCAR.

Sigh... congrats to MTJ. At least it wasn’t Denny. I’m taking this as a positive in that expectations have changed so that this is a really, really disappointing season so far. A rainbow caution cost Chase a sure win at Daytona road, then the car falls off the Jack at Vegas and ruins the aero on a potential winning car, now pit issues and calls today. Could have 3 wins, but they’re still on the outside looking in. Frustration for sure.
Weird season for sure. Some good tracks coming up for him though, minus Richmond lol. Already dreading that.

giphy.gif

Right? Not only did Chase have speed all year, dude won at Daytona Roval, Charlotte, Charlotte Roval, Martinsville and Phoenix. Certainly some of the more difficult drives on the schedule
I mean he was my least preferred champion out of the four, but there's no denying that this was a championship calibur season for him. It's a lot like 2008 with Kevin Harvick being Kyle Busch and Chase Elliott being a mix of Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson.

I actually typed up a spreadsheet and created a formula to measure the 10 race performance of all of our champions since 2004.

((Winsx2)+(top5s)+(top 10s))/(average finish)+((converted points scored)/10) to rank the championship performances of the last 17 seasons. Chase Elliott's Championship run was right smack dab in the middle. It was absolutely a championship worthy season..

I may share this spreadsheet here for those who want to take a peek at it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom