Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, No. 1

I love this place. I remember when I was a new fan and I watched my first broadcast from Pocono. The size and layout blew my mind. Four and five wide on restarts, then a conga line down the front. An oval big enough for road course strategIes.

For me, this has long been my first day of summer.

To think, Larson can leave this weekend, having doubled the amount of wins he had prior to this season. That’s crazy.

I love this place. I remember when I was a new fan and I watched my first broadcast from Pocono. The size and layout blew my mind. Four and five wide on restarts, then a conga line down the front. An oval big enough for road course strategIes.

For me, this has long been my first day of summer.
I couldn’t agree more
Love this track

I also have always enjoyed Pocono.

I think Larson is a safe pick. But I also think a safe and realistic prediction is that Larson dominates, doesn't win.

And then wins tomorrow.

But maybe he does 4 in a row. We're due for another 4 wins in a row. And the last two have been HMS' drivers having dominant seasons.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is NBC deploying the Gerbils around the track method to cover this weekend’s race as they have done in the past here?

I love this place, when I was a kid I always thought of it as a “summer just started” race and I love the layout of the track. I hope the Tricky Triangle always has a place on the Cup calendar, I adore its old school charms, style, and racing strategy.

Boogity, let’s go racing from the Mountains Of Pocono

Idk if it's the package, but for the first time in over a month, p2 and p3 are running Larson down.

Don't think that 5 car is as strong today. Logano and Byron gained almost a second on Larson.

Idk if it's the package, but for the first time in over a month, p2 and p3 are running Larson down.

Don't think that 5 car is as strong today. Logano and Byron gained almost a second on Larson.

That was odd. Not saying he did, but almost looks like he gave him the position.

Always fun to hear Eddie’s first words of the race being “CHECKING UP CHECKING UP CHECKING UP!!!!!!”

This one’s on Alan for not putting last week resulting in the DQ.

That color Willy B is running on the 24 is hideous

18 looks just as fast as the 24, if not faster.

I've hated almost all his paint schemes since he's been in cup.

I liked all the Axalta ones except for today’s and loved the HendrickCars.com scheme last year

Where in Pocono is Rutledge? What a blimp shot of that track

I imagine myself watching this race with a friend/person who is not a fan. And I am genuinely wholeheartedly embarrassed by Rick Allen.

Its supposedly a green they(Axalta) make for Porsche.

That doesnt make it any less of an ugly paint scheme.
The scary part is that it’s... a “color of the year”. If I had the money to buy one of these cars like a Lamborghini or Ferrari im not outfitting it in Axalta Puke Green I’ll tel you that

Reactions: Pat
I imagine myself watching this race with a friend/person who is not a fan. And I am genuinely wholeheartedly embarrassed by Rick Allen.

Can we still be embarrassed if we are watching by ourselves without a friend?

Back
Top Bottom