Cup RACE thread --- Pocono, Rd. 1

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
Pocono Raceway is along I-80, slightly west of half-way between Scranton and Allentown.

The radar looks iffy... there are showers to the north and south of the track, both pushing east-southeast. The showers that are north of the track may hit it, or may pass slightly to the north and spare the track. It's hard to say at this point.

2020-Pocono Radar 1.gif

harkin

SoCal Race Fan
“While cars are on pit road, track officials are still drying the track after rain fell throughout the morning and into the early afternoon.

NASCAR has issued an updated schedule calling or drivers to report to their cars at 4 p.m. ET, followed by the National Anthem at 4:15 p.m. and a new green flag race start time of 4:35 p.m. ET.

The rain forced the postponement of Saturday’s Truck Series race to Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. ET.

That will be the first time in NASCAR history that one track has hosted all three national series on the same day.

Nitro Dude

Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance
The problem right now is that it's not raining hard enough to red flag and I'm afraid if I make a mad dash to the kitchen they might start the race without me.

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
Pocono Raceway is on the southwestern edge of the rain blob that's south of Scranton.

The current sprinkles at the track shouldn't get any heavier in the immediate future, and the sprinkles shouldn't be enough to wet the surface.

There is another isolated shower a few miles northwest of the track, but I'm hopeful it will pass north of the track.

2020-Pocono Radar 2.gif

2 Sweet

Legend
Pocono Raceway is on the southwestern edge of the rain blob that's south of Scranton.

The current sprinkles at the track shouldn't get any heavier in the immediate future, and the sprinkles shouldn't be enough to wet the surface.

There is another isolated shower a few miles northwest of the track, but I'm hopeful it will pass north of the track.

View attachment 47590
Thanks for the weather updates. Hopefully you're right and this is the last of the rain

AdoubleU24

Team Owner
Having to re-wrap the car overnight sounds like some oddly planned sponsorship scheduling lol. Wasn't the same car rule made prior to Covid?

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
It wouldn’t have stopped the rain?? I mean a few laps and we still would have to stop and wait...
Personally I’d rather watch half an hour of racing with a weather stoppage than know rain is imminent and watch feet-dragging pleasantries as if the weather didn’t exist.

harkin

SoCal Race Fan
This was almost a half hour ago, I’m thinking they’ll get the race in.

jws926

I need to think of something new for here
12 lap sprint to the comp caution

JJ_14

Formerly Elliot_Fan_9
I really hope Almirola gets that elusive first win on a non-restrictor plate track.

Plus he has the most beautiful paint scheme in my eyes. I wanna see it in victory lane.

Top Bottom