Cup RACE thread --- Talladega

I see on another thread people talking about the amount of fans that were at Dega. From personal experience, I went once and I probably wouldnt go again. Watching it on tv is fine, but watching the entire pack go by in person, then just sitting there and waiting a minute for them to pass by again just wasn't entertaining to me. With the track as big as it is, from the stands, you can hardly even see what's happening on the backstretch. I think most who go to this event live go hoping to witness a spectacular crash in person. From the cameras, it did look like it was packed, so that's all that matters from the tracks standpoint.

They were like rockets I tell ya. Karmatized
Led laps. Had speed. Had a shot at the end. Just not enough of US to back into a win. Maybe that changes next year. Meanwhile Kyle Rocky III Busch will continue his valiant comeback from the neglect he suffered at the hands of Coach.

Led laps. Had speed. Had a shot at the end. Just not enough of US to back into a win. Maybe that changes next year. Meanwhile Kyle Rocky III Busch will continue his valiant comeback from the neglect he suffered at the hands of Coach.
Yeah he did his time, he deserved something better. KDB 2 wins, JGR 1

Yeah he did his time, he deserved something better. KDB 2 wins, JGR 1
KB isn't running any differently than he did last year. He doesn't like the Next Gen....but Brexton has a tire bill.

KB isn't running any differently than he did last year. He doesn't like the Next Gen....but Brexton has a tire bill.
Kyle's winning this year, RCR's 13th win at Dega second to only Hendrick. RCR has won 6 out of the last 29 races, that's 20%, he's with a good team now.

Why they didn't take it from the track confuses me more

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
More than likely, NASCAR's dedicated R&D hauler can probably only fit 3 cars. Larson was a shoe-in, plus 2 other untouched random inspection cars as per standard protocol.

SHR's team will probably bring the car back to Charlotte, then NASCAR will have it transferred back to the R&D center from SHR's shop. They'e probably less worried about the team pilfering parts from it, and only interested in the front section of chassis. Larson's I could see them wanting 100% intact as-in because every detail may have structural emphasis, even the wheels and tires. Plus that way photos of the structural "failure" don't get leaked.

That's how NHRA impound/R&D works - Not sure if @Nitro Dude can allude to that more. But from what I know, when NHRA impounds a car, they want it as-is, where-is, and it's immediately tarped, fenced off, and manned by a security guard,

Kyle's winning this year, RCR's 13th win at Dega second to only Hendrick. RCR has won 6 out of the last 29 races, that's 20%, he's with a good team now.
2 wins....one backed into vs. one win backed into. Come on man. Seriously.

Maybe he should try to spin off 4 once while leading and really back into it.

It's not a surprise the cage failed considering the impact. I'm sure Nascar will use whatever they find on that car to make improvements.

Didn't age well. Damn it.
It didn't? Bubba literally killed the end of it lmao.

Denny talked on his podcast about how Ty was the wrong guy to have leading that lane in the 3rd stage, they were having to coach him over the radio but apparently it didn't work, they went nowhere.

It didn't? Bubba literally killed the end of it lmao.

Denny talked on his podcast about how Ty was the wrong guy to have leading that lane in the 3rd stage, they were having to coach him over the radio but apparently it didn't work, they went nowhere.
Ty drove a great race. Would you ever want a rookie leading? He is learning a ton, and getting better every week.

Ty drove a great race. Would you ever want a rookie leading? He is learning a ton, and getting better every week.
Nope, was just mentioning it cause you could tell during the race he was kind of preventing their progress. Unfortunately with this package tho there was no way for them to shuffle him back to 3rd or 4th in line without completely breaking up their momentum

Just like any other stat you can twist is however you want. Viewership of this race was pretty much flat from last year, but the other races between Daytona and now were all significantly down, with the exception of Martinsville which can't really be considered a good data point.

Nope, was just mentioning it cause you could tell during the race he was kind of preventing their progress. Unfortunately with this package tho there was no way for them to shuffle him back to 3rd or 4th in line without completely breaking up their momentum
Absolutely. In fact, I said as much to my son when we were watching....given all of that, however, I thought that Ty continues to impress....staying out of trouble and learning all of the time.

Just like any other stat you can twist is however you want. Viewership of this race was pretty much flat from last year, but the other races between Daytona and now were all significantly down, with the exception of Martinsville which can't really be considered a good data point.
Well bottom line, comparisons be damned, 4.5 million people watched that race. That successful by any measure and in any sport. I'm not really sure why people care about the numbers. Fox and NBC and NASCAR are the only ones its useful to

Well bottom line, comparisons be damned, 4.5 million people watched that race. That successful by any measure and in any sport. I'm not really sure why people care about the numbers. Fox and NBC and NASCAR are the only ones its useful to
I agree about viewership, but of late nascar has a real problem with it comes to making stats say what they want. Looks at the passing stats they produced from martinsville. Denny actually did a good job of dissecting it and showing how it was just fluff

I agree about viewership, but of late nascar has a real problem with it comes to making stats say what they want. Looks at the passing stats they produced from martinsville. Denny actually did a good job of dissecting it and showing how it was just fluff

I dont watch his show , he's an idiot

In a world of information you can learn something or stick you head in the sand. The choice is yours

lol. Denny Hamlin isnt gonna teach me anything. You knock yourself out though

lol. Denny Hamlin isnt gonna teach me anything. You knock yourself out though
Idk I would bet he could be pretty informative about pit lane. In addition to 1000 races he usually makes twice as many trips there per race than other guys do with all the pass throughs. Could be pretty informative there with all that experience.

;) ;) ;)

Idk I would bet he could be pretty informative about pit lane. In addition to 1000 races he usually makes twice as many trips there per race than other guys do with all the pass throughs. Could be pretty informative there with all that experience.

;) ;) ;)
Thought it was 10,000 races?

:dunce:
“If only I had 10,000 races worth of experience under my belt….,” the Stewart-Haas driver replied, referencing an incident in 2017 when Hamlin apologized to Chase Elliott on Twitter after wrecking him and then oddly claimed he had raced 10,000 times since he was seven.

Back
Top Bottom