Dakar 2011

M

MoMike

She's gonna kick off in just a bit over 2 weeks. Jan 1 are the opening ceremonies.
I hope Robbie, and the Hummer team have something for the VW's this year.
MoMike

I don't know yet. Haven't looked that far ahead. Truthfully, I don't get to watch it much as work gets in the way, but i'm always glued to the updates.
Seems like a week or so later, the rolex 24 is happening. Rolex 24 is one of my favorite races.

VERSUS coverage of the Dakar Rally starts January 3rd, every day 3:30pm EST and 7:30pm EST.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, VERSUS is becoming everything SPEED promised to be and more. They remind me a lot of the old TNN without the country music.

Yeah, but it's just 1/2 hour overall coverage updates. I wish they'd follow it live for a couple hours every day. Top 3 in cars are in, and Robbie isn't one of them. Dang Volkswagons got it going on.
MoMike

Robbie finished out the day 8th place, 11 min 4 seconds behind. Evidently heavy rains plagued a good chunk of the stage.

Was just watching, the coverage is always 1 stage behind. I didn't realize, until about 10 minutes ago, that Robbies hummer is only a 2 wheel drive. All the volkswagons are 4 wheel drive. How does Robbie even expect to be competetive with a 2 wheel drive that looks to weigh half again as much as the 4 WD VW's? And he had issues today that set him in 47th place and back almost an hour.
MoMike

Was just watching, the coverage is always 1 stage behind. I didn't realize, until about 10 minutes ago, that Robbies hummer is only a 2 wheel drive. All the volkswagons are 4 wheel drive. How does Robbie even expect to be competetive with a 2 wheel drive that looks to weigh half again as much as the 4 WD VW's? And he had issues today that set him in 47th place and back almost an hour.
MoMike

I guess they're going to catch it up because the Versus ticker said they have continuing coverage at 1am. They have it again tomorrow 3:30, 7:30 and another episode following NHL Overtime at Midnight.

Robbie has dropped out of the Dakar. Oh well....

More like DQ'd...

Robby Gordon had right front wheel bearing issues before the start of the timed special, costing him about 5 hours. He completed the stage, but because he was late to the special, he is disqualified from the rally. The SPEED Energy HUMMER of Eliseo Salazar is still competing in 81st overall position, as is SPEED DEMON motorcycle rider Quinn Cody who is currently in 13th position.(Speed Energy)(1-5-2011)

Back
Top Bottom