Dakota vs Chevy 3500

Bobw

Team Owner
C&P Don's words.
I was involved in a head on collision. 75 mph + 30 mph.
Amazingly, nobody was seriously hurt. I walked away. SLOWLY. Officers on scene late thought they had rolled onto a fatal.
My little Dodge Dakota was on the receiving end and flew backwards in a flat spin about 80 ft.
When I saw the light.... It was a Chevy one ton pickup. All I thought was.... This is it BAMM. Then nothing until I heard a noise, It was me.. HAH HAH HAH HAAAA HAAAAAAAA (not in a funny way)
I stopped when someone opened the door and said... You ok?
Uhh, I think so.
Don't move.
No, I need to self assess. I'll go slow. fingers, wrist (ow) arms, legs, feet.... I'm ok.
Don't get up.
Nope, not gonna get up.
EMT sowed up and checked me over. I didn't go to the ER. right or wrong, I didn't go.
My brother came and got me and 2 hours later it looked like I had a 1 pound potato on my left knee.
Ok, ER time.
In ER, I think they didn't believe I was in an accident. I showed them a picture. but, I'm pretty grizzly looking with hair and beard and I think they thought I was a homeless KOOK.
They asked if I hit my head. I said, yeah, but I have Norwegian ancestors and inherited a five head. A what? Like a forehead only bigger and harder
Well.... here's a splint and some scrip. You look OK. Even Ok'd to fly back to CA the next morning.
The next day at home the colors from upper thigh to below knee were stunning. The 3rd day after the accident the bruise across my lap showed up and the ribs started to hurt.
The 4th day my wife says... You have a black eye.
Apparently deep tissue damage takes it's time surfacing.
Also, Healing is very very tiring. I went back to work a week later and had to move pretty slow.
Doing much better now.
My step daughter say I'm just a tough old fkn boot.
It's 3 weeks later and I still flinch in certain situations while driving. It's not that bad, but I notice it.
I tell people..... sometimes God will cover you with his hand to protect you from harm.
With me, he had to hurry aand SMACK... "Poppa don't squeeze me so hard"
Being saved can hurt for a bit.

He walked away....
unreal

My dakota is an 01. It's been beat up pretty good and now i'm converting it over to drag form.

The fact that I can see the alternator and AC compressor means that what saved the driver was the engine itself. With the upper core support pointing up and lower pointing down, the motor mounts took most of the brunt, and I beat it sheared the front cab mount bolts, allowing the cab to slide back rather than the engine punch through the firewall.

C&P Don's words.
I was involved in a head on collision. 75 mph + 30 mph.
Amazingly, nobody was seriously hurt. I walked away. SLOWLY. Officers on scene late thought they had rolled onto a fatal.
My little Dodge Dakota was on the receiving end and flew backwards in a flat spin about 80 ft.
When I saw the light.... It was a Chevy one ton pickup. All I thought was.... This is it BAMM. Then nothing until I heard a noise, It was me.. HAH HAH HAH HAAAA HAAAAAAAA (not in a funny way)
I stopped when someone opened the door and said... You ok?
Uhh, I think so.
Don't move.
No, I need to self assess. I'll go slow. fingers, wrist (ow) arms, legs, feet.... I'm ok.
Don't get up.
Nope, not gonna get up.
EMT sowed up and checked me over. I didn't go to the ER. right or wrong, I didn't go.
My brother came and got me and 2 hours later it looked like I had a 1 pound potato on my left knee.
Ok, ER time.
In ER, I think they didn't believe I was in an accident. I showed them a picture. but, I'm pretty grizzly looking with hair and beard and I think they thought I was a homeless KOOK.
They asked if I hit my head. I said, yeah, but I have Norwegian ancestors and inherited a five head. A what? Like a forehead only bigger and harder
Well.... here's a splint and some scrip. You look OK. Even Ok'd to fly back to CA the next morning.
The next day at home the colors from upper thigh to below knee were stunning. The 3rd day after the accident the bruise across my lap showed up and the ribs started to hurt.
The 4th day my wife says... You have a black eye.
Apparently deep tissue damage takes it's time surfacing.
Also, Healing is very very tiring. I went back to work a week later and had to move pretty slow.
Doing much better now.
My step daughter say I'm just a tough old fkn boot.
It's 3 weeks later and I still flinch in certain situations while driving. It's not that bad, but I notice it.
I tell people..... sometimes God will cover you with his hand to protect you from harm.
With me, he had to hurry aand SMACK... "Poppa don't squeeze me so hard"
Being saved can hurt for a bit.

He walked away....
unreal
Holy crap. Lucky dude.

Back
Top Bottom