Dale Earnhardt

:lilangel: Reflections of that #3

I remember your wild unkempt hair, and them long sideburns too, that signature mustache, and the gargoyles that become a part of your uniform too!
I remember the nicknames too! "One Tough Customer", which coincidentally applied to Wrangler Jeans as well as the man who wore them !
Wrangler Jeans company decided not to continue with sponsorship in Winston Cup. The fans anxiously waited to see who the new sponsor would be and what your new ride would look like. Goodwrench stepped in, and the car was solid black with red on the interior. That color scheme and Dale's personality and driving style, would earn him yet another nickname, "The Man in Black"
Oh yea.....we all know them year's ( 80,86,87,90,91,93 and 94) The Intimidator was a house hold name.
1998 season beginning as they all do,(I was having a few beers in my living room watching the Daytona 500.) I was on my feet, screaming and cheering as Dale took the checkers that day!
I watched him wheel that famous black car into the grass and cut the #3 into the turf, what came next was a sight that I will never forget!
Every crewmember from every team and all the Nascar officials in the pits as well, lined up on pit road just to shake the hand of old the Master. Now that's what I remember about Daytona the most, forever the MAN IN BLACK!

It's funny, when they started the pace laps for Daytona, I looked for the #3. Then I remembered, today he was racing with Neil, Davey, Alan and Adam and a tear came to my eye. I remembered that he's in a better place maybe, finally, sharing time with his dad.

Dale Earnhardt, gone to race in a better place.....still missed by family friends and fans. Forever the man. :lilangel: :lilangel:

Three years ago, we lost NASCAR's greatest driver Dale Earnhardt, however the legacy still continues....

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 371
He gave to NASCAR more than anyone, he is the reason I became a fan.

I miss the greatest driver that set behind the wheel. That black number three is missed every race. He made NASCAR what it was. Now these days Helton has made a mockery of it. Big E would not stand for this CRAAAAP.

i must have been out of town this day, but i can still rember watching the 2001 Daytona 500 over my moms, and jumping up and down them last few laps hoping he would pull off a win, but it was never ment to be.....:(

all of us will miss u dale

but u are racing in a better place now

:lilangel: :lilangel: :lilangel: #3

i left right after the race and went home tok 3 hours to get home so i seen it on the news that he had passed. :( my dad was a huge DE fan. that was the first time that i had every seen my father cry. :(

i cried my eyes out all night causei grew up watching DE. HE will never be forgotten. i never met the man but i can say that i loved him. everytime DE jr wins i just wish his pa could see him now :) after the daytona 500 i was so happy but then i thought man his father could not see him win the biggest race of the year.

RIP #3

Back
Top Bottom