Dale Jarett Wants Bristol for All Star Race

C

Captain Coyfish

Dale Jarrett pushing Bristol for All-Star Race: ESPN analyst Dale Jarrett is a public advocate of deeming Bristol Motor Speedway as the new venue for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. Charlotte has been a great venue, and Atlanta that one year, but I think its time that we take it to a short track and let these drivers battle it out, Jarrett said, winner of the 1997 Goodys Headache Powder 500. Short tracks are where every one of these drivers got their start. What better place to have the All-Star Race than action-packed Bristol. You have side-by-side racing; you have to know in your mind that if the drivers come here with that kind of money on the line, then theyre going to be willing to take out their best friend, just spin him and take the spot.(Bluefield Daily Telegraph)(8-24-2013)

Guy has good taste!

Yep....Change is good for some....Other just cant wrap their heads around it...Knock... Knock ...ted@economy... anybody home...Then for some more change, lets make them turn right for 500 laps........BTW...Less than 50% attendance there last night

Yep....Change is good for some....Other just cant wrap their heads around it...Knock... Knock ...ted@economy... anybody home...Then for some more change, lets make them turn right for 500 laps........BTW...Less than 50% attendance there last night
Low attendance numbers for a Nationwide race? Unheard of.

yep, it should be moved around, Johnson pretty dominating on his home track, throw it on a road course like Daytona would be my first pick, something they haven't run before.

If it is to be moved (doesn't matter to me) then I agree with Andy...move it around. Bristol would be a good start.

I would like to see it move around too. Charlotte has become too much of an aero push track. I don't know if it should go to a venue that already has two dates though, unless that track turns the lesser of their two weekends into All-Star weekend.

I agree that they should move it around; it shouldn't stay on the same track every year. And I think doing it on a track that isn't used currently would be great. The Daytona infield or Road America would be pretty awesome, but I'm sure we'd hear from the road coarse haters about that.

Couldn't agree with him more. The All-Star race has become a joke at Charlotte. I know that's where most of the teams are located, but it's not like Bristol is hell and gone from there.

Wait, what?

I agree with Andy

And now, folks, we take you to these live images just coming in from Hell.

HellFrozenOver.jpg

I agree that they should move it around; it shouldn't stay on the same track every year. And I think doing it on a track that isn't used currently would be great. The Daytona infield or Road America would be pretty awesome, but I'm sure we'd hear from the road coarse haters about that.

Only seems fair that we hear from the critics of all the track types. The anti 1.5 mile, plate and short track bunch should get their say a well, IMO :)

IF the race has to be at one static location, race in a region that doesn't otherwise host a NASCAR event at all kind of like the NFL Pro Bowl or the NFL International Series. Evergreen Speedway, Portland International Raceway, Colorado National Speedway or Pikes Peak International Raceway would be good venues. Or a street race in Denver where the Champ Car Series used to run.

If we are gonna change it, then move it every year. Bristol, Darlington, Dover, Vegas. There's 4 I would vote for.

I would prefer to see it Martinsville. But this is crazy talk, it will not happen.

It has became a permanent fixture at Charlotte.

NASCAR's so popular in Charlotte that the local ABC affiliate feels compelled to preempt part of the race to air an out of market NFL Preseason game that's already being televised nationally on cable.

I like it at Charlotte. Gives the teams two weeks at home and provides a decent race for the fans.

Why not move it around? Professional level golf is similar to NASCAR, both being different from other sports that have all-star events, in that the stars aren't identified with a particular city or region. Don't they have their all-star or 'Invitational', events at different courses?

I initially was going to agree with the reasoning that Charlotte is the home track for almost all of the teams so have it there, but they already have the 600, and have expanded the surrounding activity (qualifying, practice, etc.), so they could just add the team member introductions to that.

NASCAR's so popular in Charlotte that the local ABC affiliate feels compelled to preempt part of the race to air an out of market NFL Preseason game that's already being televised nationally on cable.
People are bitching up a storm on our local ABC affiliate's Facebook page about the race being bumped to ESPN due to the Titans pre-season game tonight. I wonder what they do for the other 20+ races that are on cable?

I agree with getting it the heck out of Charlotte , and I don't think it deserves to take up a weekend race date that could be used for a points race and I think it's crazy to have back to back races at any track. That said , having that type of event at a short track really would be a wreck fest . It's just too easy to get to the guy in front's back bumper long enough to wreck him. Nobody would be safe leading . The eventual winner would be the dirtiest driver , not the fastest . A Nelson Piquet or Villineuve could win a race like that by wrecking other cars , but is that racing ?

I agree with getting it the heck out of Charlotte , and I don't think it deserves to take up a weekend race date that could be used for a points race and I think it's crazy to have back to back races at any track. That said , having that type of event at a short track really would be a wreck fest . It's just too easy to get to the guy in front's back bumper long enough to wreck him. Nobody would be safe leading . The eventual winner would be the dirtiest driver , not the fastest . A Nelson Piquet or Villineuve could win a race like that by wrecking other cars , but is that racing ?

Like DW?

I like that they keep it at Charlotte because this is the area where the sport was born and is the epicenter of NASCAR, and of course all the teams like being at home for 2 straight weekends. But there's no doubt the racing at this track isn't that great, which is probably why they keep screwing with the format for this race.

Change it every year. Put it up to a fan vote before May. More fan interaction is what makes any sport possible.

The eventual winner would be the dirtiest driver , not the fastest . A Nelson Piquet or Villineuve could win a race like that by wrecking other cars , but is that racing ?

Who cares. All Star Race is exhibition event anyway. I think it'd be fun.

I'd like to see an international exhibition race. Motegi again maybe?

i still say tha city a' vegas is danglin big $$ at bruton ta move race there. make it a big tv/ non-race entertainment
event.....along w/ race.....ta showcase city......attract more visitors. ?

anybody remember who got tv rights w/ new contracts ?

We don't need more points races.
We don't need a gimmick-laden, literally pointless one either. For that matter, we don't 'need' stock car racing.

Bruton keeps screaming he wants another weekend in Vegas; here's where he can get it from.
I'd like to see an international exhibition race. Motegi again maybe?
If they wanna go international, go north of the border.

Dale Jarrett pushing Bristol for All-Star Race: ESPN analyst Dale Jarrett is a public advocate of deeming Bristol Motor Speedway as the new venue for the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race. Charlotte has been a great venue, and Atlanta that one year, but I think its time that we take it to a short track and let these drivers battle it out, Jarrett said, winner of the 1997 Goodys Headache Powder 500. Short tracks are where every one of these drivers got their start. What better place to have the All-Star Race than action-packed Bristol. You have side-by-side racing; you have to know in your mind that if the drivers come here with that kind of money on the line, then theyre going to be willing to take out their best friend, just spin him and take the spot.(Bluefield Daily Telegraph)(8-24-2013)

Guy has good taste!

Been saying that for years. If nothing else, get it out of Charlotte for a couple of years even if it's not Bristol.

We don't need a gimmick-laden, literally pointless one either. For that matter, we don't 'need' stock car racing.

Bruton keeps screaming he wants another weekend in Vegas; here's where he can get it from.

If they wanna go international, go north of the border.

Just saying I'd rather replace a race then add another points race.. their is enough weeks in the schedule already. Drop the all star race, drop another race and replace that race with a new track in the All star race's place. That way it shortens the season by a week.

Back
Top Bottom