Dale Jr - Hall of Fame worthy?

Maybe down the road but I don't see way not.
26 Cup wins and 24 Busch wins
2 Busch championships
2 Daytona 500's
14 Time most popular driver
2000 Winston Winner
15 wins at Daytona (across all series)
3 championships as a Team owner
Ran the 24 hours twice, and should have won in 04 before Stewart's wheel came off.
Only thing he didn't accomplish was a championship, which he came close too multiple times (03, 04, 14)

Only a hater will say he isn't HOF worthy

No doubt HOF worthy. I was thinking after I heard the announcement that him going in may delay a guy like Bobby Labonte going in. I hope not though.

In in a flash ... and why not?

The HOF will welcome the sharp rise in revenues.

I guess we can be assured NASCAR will install the proper kneelers in the pews.

He will go in with the class that includes the Burton brothers and Danica

I still think he should have to wait a bit... Plenty of cup CHAMPIONS to enshrine ahead of Jr. no matter how popular he was.

He will wait. He won't get in until Gordon and he himself will probably be on deck a while.

On the question of merit? No doubt.

Anyone who has over 20 wins, Multiple crown jewel race wins under them, should automatically be considered for it.

How many eligible drivers that should be in the HOF are not?

"Hello, Lowe's? Can you tell me how to return this 10-foot pole? Turns out I won't need it, since I won't be touching this topic with one."

I did a quick look to see who was in the HOF and it looks like unless your name is Alan Kulwicki a championship gets you in. Depending on how many get inducted in future years you could end up with guys like Sterling Marlin and Ernie Irvan which lowers the bar considerably.

Tough call. He may be a half step to a full step above Kyle Petty And Mike Waltrip as far as on track performance but just where is the bar set?

He will wait. He won't get in until Gordon and he himself will probably be on deck a while.

On the question of merit? No doubt.

Anyone who has over 20 wins, Multiple crown jewel race wins under them, should automatically be considered for it.
Gordon won't be on deck for awhile, he'll go in his first chance to go in.

As for Dale Jr, for sure. I wouldn't put money on the first time he's on the ballot, but he'll surely get in it at some point.

Tough call. On numbers alone, I would say no. But he's brought more to the sport than just wins and championships.

2 Busch championships
2 Daytona 500's
2000 Winston Winner
Ran the 24 hours twice, and should have won in 04 before Stewart's wheel came off.
Only thing he didn't accomplish was a championship, which he came close too multiple times (03, 04, 14)

^^^^^^ This :booya: :salute:

2 Busch championships
2 Daytona 500's
2000 Winston Winner

This

Back
Top Bottom