DALE JR to retire following 2017 season

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
omgggg

dale jr to retire on Twitter
https://twitter.com/search/dale+jr+to+retire
NASCAR
(@NASCAR)

BREAKING NEWS: @DaleJr retiring at end of 2017 season. Details: nas.cr/2q0vKaEpic.twitter.com/NMGV9jL…
2 mins ago · Twitter
Marty Smith
(@MartySmithESPN)

.@DaleJr announces retirement after 2017 season. I spoke w him. "6 mos ago this season was improbable. It's a blessing." Press conf @ 3p ET
3 mins ago · Twitter
Jeff Gluck
(@jeff_gluck)

Dale Earnhardt Jr. has decided to retire from NASCAR following the season, Hendrick Motorsports says.
4 mins ago · Twitter
Nationwide 88
(@nationwide88)

BREAKING NEWS: @DaleJr to retire from #NASCAR competition after 2017 season. bit.ly/2q0tzno #NW88JR pic.twitter.com/PUQL3Sy…
3 mins ago · Twitter
Bob Pockrass
(@bobpockrass)

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will retire after this season. www.espn.com/espn/now?n…
4 mins ago · Twitter
Avi Greenberger
(@iamavig)

#Breaking Dale Jr retiring end of this year. Another great NASCAR storyline coming to a close... twitter.com/NASCAR/stat…
15 secs ago · Twitter
#RikisRide17 June1
(@RikiRachtman)

WHAT???? @DaleJr will retire at the end of this season.....ok wheres the punchline? Wait this is true? Yup I am bummed #GREATGUY
24 secs ago · Twitter
Adam Kelly
(@AdamKellyVU)

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. is retiring at the end of this season. NASCAR is on life support, as it is. This may flatline the organization.
28 secs ago · Twitter

:(

Really don't know if there's someone else to cheer for at this point. None of the newer guys have clicked for me.

Not the least bit surprised. He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind seeing Junior retire but be a part of Nascar.
I have no problem finding at least 6 drivers to cheer for. Right now I have 2-21-22
so at least one is at the front.

I can't imagine the gimmicks NASCAR will come up with now to try to hang onto the fans they have and attract new ones to replace the ones leaving with Jr

I wonder if he will race sporadically for Jr motorsports in Xfinity and maybe some truck races or...if the concussion issues he had/having forcing him to hang it up all they way

This actually makes me a bit sad

Greatest day of Alex Bowman's life however. Even though I'm not sold that he's deserving of that seat.

Things aren't going well on the track. I'd rather he leave than to sink further. I am sad though that things haven't gone better.

Hope he wins the July race at Daytona because A.) he's most synonymous with that track, when I think of Daytona I think Earnhardt. B.)I will be attending

While sad, Im not surprised in the least. His concussion last season was massive and I was shocked he returned this year. He's only more prone to further brain injury the longer he raced.

Thanks for the memories and Im glad he is going out on his own terms with a happy new family. His father would be proud. #DaleYeah

I don't think its a given that Alex gets the seat!

I wish Dale Jr would have retired last year as with his concussion history he could be one blown tire away from a lifetime of hurt. Hopefully he can win a race or 2 and enjoy his life away from the track.

The People of Charlotte didn't see this one coming. :(
I would think his return this year is the surprise. His retirement is only good sense. The wife over ruled Rick :D
I hope Junior remains part of Nascar. He has some good teams in the Xfinity series and he could drive his own car the odd race to help attract sponsors.

This will undoubtedly be NASCAR's best season for ticket sales in years

You would hope so but not even the fairly good racing of this year is moving the needle in terms of attendance and overall interest.

There's a new most popular driver in town folks.

This will be interesting. Nationwide clearly likes Bowman, but HMS has Byron down in Xfin who Axalta likes and they've gotta do something with him too (maybe the 5 eventually?). Byron isn't really ready for cup yet so maybe the decision is easier than thought.

There's a new most popular driver in town folks.

This will be interesting. Nationwide clearly likes Bowman, but HMS has Byron down in Xfin who Axalta likes and they've gotta do something with him too (maybe the 5 eventually?). Byron isn't really ready for cup yet so maybe the decision is easier than thought.
It's a no brainer for 2018 if the sponsor is on board. You can be sure the price will go down.

Back
Top Bottom