Danica Patrick on a frustrating 2016 season: “I get so sad . . . it’s just not much fun”

Not weird at all my friend. I have always said that Indy car style of racing fit her driving style much better. I don't know why she has had such a hard time getting use to the Cup cars. I would love to see Danica try her hand at drag racing when she is done with Nascar. I know of a good car she would fit right in...it's a lot easier to fit a smaller driver into a larger roll cage then it is to fit a larger driver in to a smaller roll cage.:D
lol drag racing takes no skill. It's all about whoever steps on the gas first once the light turns green. It's all over in 5 seconds. You don't need to have any endurance or driving skills. I can't believe people get paid for that.

Last edited:
lol drag racing takes no skill. It's all about whoever steps on the gas first once the light turns green. It's all over in 5 seconds. You don't need to have any endurance or driving skills. I can't believe people get paid for that.
:eek:
Shots fired!

This. It's simple and not a knock, she's in elite equipment. She's a 20th place driver. Which is fine.

Tony Stewart is the only open wheel driver in the past 25 years who has jumped to Nascar and had great success. John Andretti hung around and had a so so career but those are the only guys I can think of.

Tony Stewart is the only open wheel driver in the past 25 years who has jumped to Nascar and had great success. John Andretti hung around and had a so so career but those are the only guys I can think of.
I lump Robby Gordon's performance in with Andretti's. I think of JPM as being a small cut above either of them.

Tim Richmond.
Al Unser jr. would have won alot in my opinion.
Little Al was hell in the IROC cars. He was coming to the front in his only Cup race at Daytona too. I think he was in sixth when he got taken out.

Greg Biffle 23rd . Danica 24th ..-2 pts . Guess she was depressed she didn't get 3 more points .

Biffle put a string of strong finishes together starting at Talladega.

It wasn’t her fault.

Fuel consumption is a factor in any race requiring at least one stop to refuel during the event.

Winning as a result of strategizing that fact has been going on since forever. Ms. Patrick won that race. Minimizing it speaks loudly about the race "fan" doing so.

Oh please...that win was more about whoever her team leader was at the time strategizing that call than her skills behind the wheel. Just like every other driver that won races that way. From Casey Mears to the Buscher kid at Pocono to a gas mileage win by Mark Martin. Those wins don't require the things we as race fans go to the races to watch or the skills a HMS looks for in their drivers.

She's been in that car 2 years past what she should have IMO. She just isn't that good and other than the $ she brings in, I don't see why she is still in it?

Well ... at least you didn't take a swipe at Harvick in that post. Is that a first?

If you don't mind, I'd rather you didn't use the collective "we".

I've no problem with fuel wins when you can back it up . Hell, Awesome Bill Elliott (God) won a fuel race at Darlington with a bad car. Big difference in him and her is he won the three races in a row before that........

Well ... at least you didn't take a swipe at Harvick in that post. Is that a first?

If you don't mind, I'd rather you didn't use the collective "we".

Oh, you pay attention and cheer racers because of their fuel saving capabilities? Okaayyy......

"The Closer" is a joke.....how's that?

You can't be serious...

images.jpg

Oh please...that win was more about whoever her team leader was at the time strategizing that call than her skills behind the wheel. Just like every other driver that won races that way. From Casey Mears to the Buscher kid at Pocono to a gas mileage win by Mark Martin. Those wins don't require the things we as race fans go to the races to watch or the skills a HMS looks for in their drivers.

She's been in that car 2 years past what she should have IMO. She just isn't that good and other than the $ she brings in, I don't see why she is still in it?

It is OK to use the term "we as race fans" when describing fuel mileage and race delayed wins as unless you are a fan of the driver that won or are in the 1% that accept anything as being good those races are not as satisfying to the majority.

It is OK to use the term "we as race fans" when describing fuel mileage and race delayed wins as unless you are a fan of the driver that won or are in the 1% that accept anything as being good those races are not as satisfying to the majority.

The sad part of all of what is NASCAR today is that I now look forward to road cources and fuel mileage races.(2 things I despised "back in the day")
At least with these there may actually be some shake up at the end WITHOUT a phantom caution.
Come on MONSTER!!! Hoping for a little good influence from the new guys!

The sad part of all of what is NASCAR today is that I now look forward to road cources and fuel mileage races.(2 things I despised "back in the day")
At least with these there may actually be some shake up at the end WITHOUT a phantom caution.
Come on MONSTER!!! Hoping for a little good influence from the new guys!

I remember dreading when the road courses would come around but now I look forward to them too and I feel that fuel mileage and weather victories are just part of the series so they don't bother me. Regarding Monster while there is nothing wrong with buxom ladies wearing clothes that are a few sizes small in certain areas it doesn't address the problem with the on track product. It is the same thing with selling a lifestyle as the Monster lifestyle may be better than a long weekend at Larry Flynt's but it still doesn't address racing that has caused millions of fans to walk away.

I have not heard or read one sentence where anyone gives any specifics on how Monster's involvement will add an ounce of substance to Nascar as it seems like they are being brought in to baffle with bullschitt and take people's attention away from what transpires on track. That may be a good idea from a marketing perspective but from the perspective of someone that wants to see better racing it sucks.

............I have not heard or read one sentence where anyone gives any specifics on how Monster's involvement will add an ounce of substance to Nascar as it seems like they are being brought in to baffle with bullschitt and take people's attention away from what transpires on track. That may be a good idea from a marketing perspective but from the perspective of someone that wants to see better racing it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Nor have I. It is only my hope that their marketing strategists insist on filling the stands and increasing the audience.

This could go one of two ways. Either NASCAR will be forced to open up the rules a little bit. ie. gearing, suspension, spoiler adjustments............... in an effort to regain the competition that has been lost.
OR....... Monster may attempt to turn it into a total Barnum Bailey sh!tshow.

My hope is for the former rather than the latter.
Maybe then neither Danica or myself will be sad anymore.:cool:

As bad as France is, he's not going to let them run it whatever way they want. Maybe Monster will talk him into using bias ply tires. That would fix alot. Maybe clone all the middle 70's to early 90's drivers as well. Let's do it Monster,you've got the cash.

Back
Top Bottom