Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

Regarding DP's future in Cup I will refer to Dave "Tiger" Williams quote on HNIC over 40 years ago and say she is "Done like dinner." Of course anything can happen and she could be piloting a top cup car next year.

Finished 18th a lap down. 7 races to go.

I saw she was in the top 5 once and then either at the beginning of a stage or after a caution she was in 6th or 7th but she was getting passed like she was nailed to the ground. Penske may be getting a 4th car ready for her in 2018.

I meant to make chili, but everyone who ate it got sick.

Just because I meant to do one thing doesn't prevent results I didn't intend.
I didn't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes I end up saying something I never intended. Maybe that's why my friends call me Aole. I don't mean to be one, but yet I manage to be one.

I saw she was in the top 5 once and then either at the beginning of a stage or after a caution she was in 6th or 7th but she was getting passed like she was nailed to the ground. Penske may be getting a 4th car ready for her in 2018.

She restarted P4 with 28 laps to the end of stage 1. She finished stage 1 in P5. This was rather impressive, considering how hard they're racing up there at the end of stages. ;)

She restarted P4 with 28 laps to the end of stage 1. She finished stage 1 in P5. This was rather impressive, considering how hard they're racing up there at the end of stages. ;)
If I remember, there was a caution toward the end of a pit stop cycle. She was one of five cars left on the lead lap when the caution flew. I don't think many cars were able to take the wave around, so there weren't many cars on the lead lap when they restarted. Finishing P5 in a group that small doesn't impress me much.

Regarding DP's future in Cup I will refer to Dave "Tiger" Williams quote on HNIC over 40 years ago and say she is "Done like dinner." Of course anything can happen and she could be piloting a top cup car next year.

I've tried being her fan and she's almost had me a time or two in the past few years but she keeps hurting herself with statements like this, basically to the effect that she would have been a winner if she had had better teams. Guess she thinks she would have done better if she had been at HMS or JGR:

"As for her career: “Have I had the best car with the best engine, the best, best, best, best, best?” she said. “Probably not. Have I had good teams? Absolutely? Have I had good equipment? Absolutely. The challenges are those last little details and having a group that believes you can do it and is willing to go beyond the call of duty for the job. All those small, small, small little details that stack up to make something special that goes on track. That’s something that hasn’t always been there.”

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/monster...details-kept-her-winning-nascar#ixzz4uOM9WgJi

I've tried being her fan and she's almost had me a time or two in the past few years but she keeps hurting herself with statements like this, basically to the effect that she would have been a winner if she had had better teams. Guess she thinks she would have done better if she had been at HMS or JGR:

"As for her career: “Have I had the best car with the best engine, the best, best, best, best, best?” she said. “Probably not. Have I had good teams? Absolutely? Have I had good equipment? Absolutely. The challenges are those last little details and having a group that believes you can do it and is willing to go beyond the call of duty for the job. All those small, small, small little details that stack up to make something special that goes on track. That’s something that hasn’t always been there.”

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/monster...details-kept-her-winning-nascar#ixzz4uOM9WgJi
Sounds like shifting the blame for under performance.......

Man, she has had grade A equipment her whole career.
That is one BS statement.
When she ran for Junior his whole team was second rate and needed to take Rick on as partner
to get some decent engineering.
Tony Stewart did win a championship but was driving JJ.s cars. None of their own cars won a race until Harvick and his MWR crew chief came on board. Even Kurt Bush had a real hard time in their garbage cars and is out of the chase in the first round.
Explain how SHR is suppose to be so good.

Im, not sure I like that DPK. The hater-birds will land saying if she does land a ride that "brian did it"

Its good in a way....

That is one BS statement.
When she ran for Junior his whole team was second rate and needed to take Rick on as partner
to get some decent engineering.
Tony Stewart did win a championship but was driving JJ.s cars. None of their own cars won a race until Harvick and his MWR crew chief came on board. Even Kurt Bush had a real hard time in their garbage cars and is out of the chase in the first round.
Explain how SHR is suppose to be so good.

Dude are you serious?

SHR is top tier equipment. No excuses on that part and especially when Harvick came in they took a step forward. Tony struggled with the Gen 6 car and Kurt has won every season with SHR at least once. Boywer came in and has done a solid job in the 14 this year and SHR has not been as fast, still a top 10 team on a consistent basis. For her to blame the equipment is not a good sign, I will admit her CC's have been somewhat questionable, yet she was not hitting that needed benchmark. Ford has missed the mark thus season though and they came out the gates swinging this year.

2012 in the N'wide series she finished 10th in the standings. Whitt was the highest finishing JRM car in 7th and Danica finished 10th. JRM was behind JGR, RCR, and Roush tbh that year, but still man she has always had some of the better equipment in the field. Yet Mike Bliss finishes ahead in lesser equipment in a Tri-Star car.

She has no excuses and she is who she is. I'm far from a Danica hater because she has been a pivotal figure in motorsports point blank. Yet, it just seems like something has always been missing.

Some drivers would love to have some of the drives she had in the past.

Apologies if this has already posted but it pertained to Danica.

NASCAR asking official sponsors for help in finding new rides for Wallace, Patrick

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com...0/02/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NASCAR.aspx
Oh boy, can I open this can of worms? Pleeeeeease?

As a sponsor, would you rather back Danica Patrick or Bubba Wallace?
As an owner, which one would you prefer to sign?

This has 'Drive for Diversity' written all over it, by the way.

Not A fan of NASCAR asking sponsors for help
Why not? Seems to me they should be more involved in sponsor recruitment. As a potential sponsor, it's much easier to go to a central source than individual teams. A central point of contact may also do a better job of matching a sponsor to a driver and team that are a good corporate fit.

Why not? Seems to me they should be more involved in sponsor recruitment. As a potential sponsor, it's much easier to go to a central source than individual teams. A central point of contact may also do a better job of matching a sponsor to a driver and team that are a good corporate fit.

I wonder if they're going to offer any assistance in getting Kenseth sponsorship as well?

I wonder if they're going to offer any assistance in getting Kenseth sponsorship as well?

Kenseth is an old washed up white guy, who cares!:sarcasm:

Just kidding of course, but Kenseth and Kurt Busch should still have quality rides come next season. It would be a crime to see both of them out of Cup next year.

I don't know. In that post I was examining only the concept of NASCAR helping find sponsors, not who they were targeting.

See my previous comment regarding DFD. However, I see the biggest difference between trying to find a sponsor for Wallace vs. Kenseth and Busch, is that Wallace can be had for a much smaller paycheck than a couple of past champions.

Oh, and to answer my own questions, I'd back Bubba. As a sponsor, Danica's appeal to race fans is about done. Bubba's still a fairly fresh face with an appeal outside the usual demographic. As an owner, I've seen what Danica can do and I'd rather give someone else a shot.

I'm certain Aspen Dental loves Danica. She's still endorsed by Coke, she has some pull in some cases.

Just who else is going to fill those voids though?

Unless there's a sponsor in love with Matt, I think he's priced himself out of the market.
Johnsonville Brats and Wisconsin Dairy Farmers, maybe? That big mobile grilling rig J'ville has would be the best thing on the track since DJ ran the Big Brown Truck.

Yeah, at this point I don't see him running next year. It will be nice if it happens but As a fan, I have a bunch of great memories and it's time to move on. It may be time to shop for some Suarez gear.

I'm certain Aspen Dental loves Danica. She's still endorsed by Coke, she has some pull in some cases.

Just who else is going to fill those voids though?

TISSOT?

Id love an all black car..she ran a 7 in xfinity

I don't know. In that post I was examining only the concept of NASCAR helping find sponsors, not who they were targeting.

See my previous comment regarding DFD. However, I see the biggest difference between trying to find a sponsor for Wallace vs. Kenseth and Busch, is that Wallace can be had for a much smaller paycheck than a couple of past champions.

Oh, and to answer my own questions, I'd back Bubba. As a sponsor, Danica's appeal to race fans is about done. Bubba's still a fairly fresh face with an appeal outside the usual demographic. As an owner, I've seen what Danica can do and I'd rather give someone else a shot.

I guess I have an older, possibly antiquated way of thinking in that drivers get rides based on ability instead of image and targeted demographics.

Not trying to be sarcastic here as it's likely that my way of reasoning hasn't quite caught up to the changing times in Nascar.

I guess I have an older, possibly antiquated way of thinking in that drivers get rides based on ability instead of image and targeted demographics.

Not trying to be sarcastic here as it's likely that my way of reasoning hasn't quite caught up to the changing times in Nascar.
Say skills are the primary factor. If you had to choose between two equally skilled drivers, would you take marketability into account as a tie breaker?

Say skills are the primary factor. If you had to choose between two equally skilled drivers, would you take marketability into account as a tie breaker?

Possibly but there are other determining factors as well.

Good or bad, that is the new NASCAR, its the new racing these days, money talks and is more important than talent , talent still means something, but having your teams finances covered for the year means just a tad bit more now. You can still get rides based off of just talent these days, but its not as easy as it once was. And sponsors what drivers that are marketable, you can have all the talent in world, but if the sponsor feels you are not marketable enough, then you get passed up.

Back
Top Bottom