Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

Good or bad, that is the new NASCAR, its the new racing these days, money talks and is more important than talent , talent still means something, but having your teams finances covered for the year means just a tad bit more now. You can still get rides based off of just talent these days, but its not as easy as it once was. And sponsors what drivers that are marketable, you can have all the talent in world, but if the sponsor feels you are not marketable enough, then you get passed up.

I think of the many changes Nascar has gone through in the past 15 or so years, that seems to be the one I have the most trouble with.

Dude are you serious?

SHR is top tier equipment. No excuses on that part and especially when Harvick came in they took a step forward. Tony struggled with the Gen 6 car and Kurt has won every season with SHR at least once. Boywer came in and has done a solid job in the 14 this year and SHR has not been as fast, still a top 10 team on a consistent basis. For her to blame the equipment is not a good sign, I will admit her CC's have been somewhat questionable, yet she was not hitting that needed benchmark. Ford has missed the mark thus season though and they came out the gates swinging this year.

2012 in the N'wide series she finished 10th in the standings. Whitt was the highest finishing JRM car in 7th and Danica finished 10th. JRM was behind JGR, RCR, and Roush tbh that year, but still man she has always had some of the better equipment in the field. Yet Mike Bliss finishes ahead in lesser equipment in a Tri-Star car.

She has no excuses and she is who she is. I'm far from a Danica hater because she has been a pivotal figure in motorsports point blank. Yet, it just seems like something has always been missing.

Some drivers would love to have some of the drives she had in the past.
Some drivers would like to have any ride. You and I can't discuss this because your logic is flawed as to what makes a top team.

Some drivers would like to have any ride. You and I can't discuss this because your logic is flawed as to what makes a top team.

Okay, what makes a "top-team".

Please, do not talk down to me I don't do that to you, I expect the same amount of respect.

Okay, what makes a "top-team".

Please, do not talk down to me I don't do that to you, I expect the same amount of respect.
1. A top team should have 2 cars in the top 10 every race CONSIDERING they have a drivers stable of competent drivers. SHR at most has had 2 cars capable of top 10's and only one of them is successful IMO and that is the #4. That means they are operating at less than 25% capability.
I wasn't condescending, I was simply stating that your definition of a top team is based on a different criteria than mine. Tony winning a championship does not make SHR a top ten. He was driving a HMS car with HMS employees over seeing the car. Tony fired that crew and has done nothing since. The #4 car won a "Lottery Championship".

Nice interviews from Letarte and Burton since they were not screaming in hyena mode. Patrick's head is on straight and she is in a good place.
She has raced for years and I am quite sure she can evaluate her own career and be honest with herself. She now knows that for a few years her sponsorship was all that gave her a ride AND that SHR couldn't deliver the best cars for her while her sponsor "Go Daddy " was paying for it.
I'm sure she can now evaluate teams so that she doesn't get another royal screwing.
In my opinion the best team for her IF she has her own sponsorship program for 3 years would be CGR.

She has raced for years and I am quite sure she can evaluate her own career and be honest with herself. She now knows that for a few years her sponsorship was all that gave her a ride AND that SHR couldn't deliver the best cars for her while her sponsor "Go Daddy " was paying for it.
I'm sure she can now evaluate teams so that she doesn't get another royal screwing.
In my opinion the best team for her IF she has her own sponsorship program for 3 years would be CGR.

OMG, that is ridiculous on to many levels to even address.
A lot more car quality than driver quality in that # 10.

OMG, that is ridiculous on to many levels to even address.
A lot more car quality than driver quality in that # 10.
and you base your answer on What Personal Knowledge?
Just because the 4 car runs great doesn't mean the others are and I doubt shehas
much confidence in her CC's. That is the most important factor if a car is going to run top 15.

and you base your answer on What Personal Knowledge?
Just because the 4 car runs great doesn't mean the others are and I doubt shehas
much confidence in her CC's. That is the most important factor if a car is going to run top 15.
What is your personal knowledge?
You always slam SHR for not being one of the elite team.
Having to do it in Jimmie's cars.

When in fact they have in fact they have doubled your esteemed Penske MENC championship in a fraction of the time.
What is your Personal knowledge of Danica being exploited or used by SHR?

When in fact they have in fact they have doubled your esteemed Penske MENC championship in a fraction of the time.

You got that wrong. Tony got his third championship driving a HMS/JJ car with HMS making the calls on the bench. Harvick only has the "Lottery Championship" and Kyle proved you only have to be good for a short while to win that.
At least Brad went toe to toe with JJ to win his championship.

You got that wrong. Tony got his third championship driving a HMS/JJ car with HMS making the calls on the bench. Harvick only has the "Lottery Championship" and Kyle proved you only have to be good for a short while to win that.

You're right, she totally got screwed by SHR, they gave her bad cars on purpose, they just kept all her sponsor money and invested it into the other SHR cars :rolleyes:

For the record, aren't you the same guy who said the Hendrick 25 was just a retirement fund for Papa Joe?

Please provide some citations for your authoritative narrative.
You apparently possess insider knowledge that few have.
Please Enlighten me.

(And sorry about the in fact in fact repetition a multitasking error).

Penske bought into a championship team off the shelf, it didn't help Rusty repeat.
Purchased defending champion Kurt Busch, and got zero titles from that as well.
After two decades he he finally got the title, which prompted a brilliant move to change brands netting no more titles.

He should have just called Tony and got Rick and Jimmie's phone number.

Graham Rahal says that were Danica Patrick to return to her open-wheel roots and race in the Indy 500 once more, she would be welcomed.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...he-indy-500-would-be-great-says-rahal-964901/

general-danica-patrick-celebrates-front-row-qualifying-with-bobby-rahal-5885149.jpg

Going from memory Rusty ran the #27 Kodiak Pontiac in 1989 for Raymond Beadle and won the championship and drove for Beadle 1 more year in 1990 with the MGD as the sponsor because Kodiak had moved to HMS and the 25 car with Kenny Schrader. For the 1991 season Roger Penske bought many of the assets of Beadles operation and Miller was tied to Rusty Wallace already so the car number was changed to 2 and thus began Penske South. I hope I have no got too much wrong!

Please provide some citations for your authoritative narrative.
You apparently possess insider knowledge that few have.
Please Enlighten me.

(And sorry about the in fact in fact repetition a multitasking error).

I agree it is a well rehearsed bunch of half truth B.S. without anything but opinions to back up the claims.

Going from memory Rusty ran the #27 Kodiak Pontiac in 1989 for Raymond Beadle and won the championship and drove for Beadle 1 more year in 1990 with the MGD as the sponsor because Kodiak had moved to HMS and the 25 car with Kenny Schrader. For the 1991 season Roger Penske bought many of the assets of Beadles operation and Miller was tied to Rusty Wallace already so the car number was changed to 2 and thus began Penske South. I hope I have no got too much wrong!

To my knowledge, Penske bought nothing from Blue Max, because Blue Max never sold out. Beadle tried to keep the team going after everybody left and failed, only shutting it down then. The sponsor was a Wallace/Don Miller deal to keep Blue Max alive for the one remaining year Rusty was legally bound to drive for Beadle. I don't believe Beadle had ANYTHING to do with that other than I suppose he got a check from it. Some key crew people like Jimmy Makar, Todd Parrott and David Evans quit Blue Max late in the 1990 season to go to work for the startup Penske team, and Harold Elliott joined only AFTER Blue Max shut down. He may have been the last employee in the building. Others, like Barry and John Dodson went elsewhere. Makar was gone from Penske by mid-summer and Elliott didn't last much longer. It might be semantics, but I don't think it was accurate to say that Penske bought a championship team, as Blue Max was coughing and weezing to the end of it's existence.

You're right, she totally got screwed by SHR, they gave her bad cars on purpose, they just kept all her sponsor money and invested it into the other SHR cars :rolleyes:

For the record, aren't you the same guy who said the Hendrick 25 was just a retirement fund for Papa Joe?
That's me. :D Turned out right that time also. :p
BTW, we know they put cars on track for Danica but I don't think they went out of their way to make sure she got the right CC to work with her. Her first CC is now with Kurt, how well is that working out considering he is suppose to be one of the elite drivers? Tony fired his first choice for a CC for himself, great choices made all around on that team. Maybe all the good guys didn't want to work for Tony.
I just don't see why people think that is a top team.

might be because they have won 2 championships and been in the playoffs/chase every year since the team was founded. Hard to argue with concrete stats instead of opinions.
Put that in perspective. Won 2 championships? Tony won in a HMS car with their crew CC.
Harvick wins the lottery championship...................................once. I don't consider that a championship in the same category as other championships prior to the chase and these lottery championships are beneath even the chase ones. Since when is a top 16 team considered to be an elite team?

Put that in perspective. Won 2 championships? Tony won in a HMS car with their crew CC.
Harvick wins the lottery championship...................................once. I don't consider that a championship in the same category as other championships prior to the chase and these lottery championships are beneath even the chase ones.
They're all purchased from HMS chassis, including the cars Harvick drove in his championship season. Rather like Blaney's cars are purchased from Penske and Truex's cars are purchased from Gibbs.

In this day and age, what difference does it make?

To my knowledge, Penske bought nothing from Blue Max, because Blue Max never sold out. Beadle tried to keep the team going after everybody left and failed, only shutting it down then. The sponsor was a Wallace/Don Miller deal to keep Blue Max alive for the one remaining year Rusty was legally bound to drive for Beadle. I don't believe Beadle had ANYTHING to do with that other than I suppose he got a check from it. Some key crew people like Jimmy Makar, Todd Parrott and David Evans quit Blue Max late in the 1990 season to go to work for the startup Penske team, and Harold Elliott joined only AFTER Blue Max shut down. He may have been the last employee in the building. Others, like Barry and John Dodson went elsewhere. Makar was gone from Penske by mid-summer and Elliott didn't last much longer. It might be semantics, but I don't think it was accurate to say that Penske bought a championship team, as Blue Max was coughing and weezing to the end of it's existence.

I thought I remembered Penske buying some equipment from Ray but whether that was a phone system, or tools or nothing at all I can't say for sure.

Put that in perspective. ... Harvick wins the lottery championship...................................once. I don't consider that a championship in the same category as other championships prior to the chase and these lottery championships are beneath even the chase ones. ...
From that perspective, there are no elite, top tier, championship-caliber teams, haven't been for the last several seasons, and won't be for the foreseeable future. How about making the final eight repeatedly? Does that pass your smell test?

I like the lady, but she's averaged mid-pack in everything she's sat in since she moved up to IndyCar. Every owner she's had put her in inferior equipment, I guess.

They're all purchased from HMS chassis, including the cars Harvick drove in his championship season. Rather like Blaney's cars are purchased from Penske and Truex's cars are purchased from Gibbs.

Apparently having an HMS car was all it took to win a championship for a few years. It's a shame nobody clued Jr. and Kasey in.

Good thing Penske supplies the Wood Brothers.
Otherwise they would only have Brad's excuses to run off of this year.
(Intentional: No slow Logano omission)

How many Cup championships were won in the moldy old days by race teams utilizing chassis built by Banjo Mathews, Hutcherson-Pagan, Holman & Moody, Mike Laughlin et al?

Dozens ... and all of those chassis came with that era's version of tech support and set-up sheets for every racetrack.

Fair enough, you make great points.
I stand corrected on my claim that Penske purchased a championship team.

I still stand by my contention to counter another's attempt to trash SHR based on what I consider to be very subjective reasoning.

SHR failed Danica because unlike when SHR formed with their 3rd car (the 10), other teams have Xfinity rides for their younger drivers to get experience.

Danica should go to Penske. Brad already has a great excuse model in place

Fair enough, you make great points.
I stand corrected on my claim that Penske purchased a championship team.

I still stand by my contention to counter another's attempt to trash SHR based on what I consider to be very subjective reasoning.

I fully agree with YOUR assessment of SHR. Yes, they got some help from Hendrick, but for the most part, at least after Rodney Childers got there, they took that stuff and got far more out of it than Hendrick did. That alone speaks for their ability in my opinion.

I fully agree with YOUR assessment of SHR. Yes, they got some help from Hendrick, but for the most part, at least after Rodney Childers got there, they took that stuff and got far more out of it than Hendrick did. That alone speaks for their ability in my opinion.

They have missed that equipment this year. Harvick is back to his old RCR self.

Back
Top Bottom