Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

DP had a great opportunity to establish herself and ran with a top notch organization her entire career but unfortunately she never progressed and once GoDaddy changed leadership the writing was on the wall. It will be good for her to move on to something else and also for someone else to get a shot in the 10 car.

I don't think you need one either and my post was meant as tongue in cheek and not meant to be offensive. I know you won't say its over until it is over and floated different scenarios for DP with different sponsors and teams and I hope something can be put together for the say of you and her other fans.
Doesn't mater how much money DP gets offered she already said she wasn't coming bad to NA$CAR at the 1st of the season, so she's out like a light.

Doesn't mater how much money DP gets offered she already said she wasn't coming bad to NA$CAR at the 1st of the season, so she's out like a light.
Can you provide the source to that please, because she has been saying that she wants to stay in NASCAR, heck, Tony said she wanted to stay in NASCAR a few day when he was on NASCAR America.

She has said that she fully intends to be back in a Cup car. Nothing more, nothing less.

She might have to lower her standards (pay, perks, etc) if she still wants to race.

Marco Andretti may just be the most overrated driver in the history of auto racing, IMO.

That has been my thought for quite some time. Other than Indy, how often does he ever run good, running for a really good team?

Considering Marco and Taku both have, uh, reputations, I'm not so sure this is a good thing.

I understand why Marco still has a job, but Sato has managed to stick around for quite some time too. Now that he has an Indy win, I think he just bought himself a few more years.

Because she's a NASCAR driver and this is a NASCAR forum?

Works for me.

That has been my thought for quite some time. Other than Indy, how often does he ever run good, running for a really good team?

I understand why Marco still has a job, but Sato has managed to stick around for quite some time too. Now that he has an Indy win, I think he just bought himself a few more years.

Works for me.
Sato has always been a Honda guy. I don't think they'll let him go until he decides to hang it up.
Well, when you decend from royalty..... Honestly, it's a shame. Indycar could use guys like Marco, Graham and Connor winning some races and championships.
Graham is finally realizing his potential, I think he could win a championship one day.

I dunno, I think DP would do better with a single car team. That way, she'll get all the help she'll need.

This isnt the first time she has mentioned "it all comes down to money (sponsors)". I get the feeling Danica is placing blame on companies. This is a performance driven sport first - and with performance comes sponsors.

Danica is still out here throwing blame on everything but herself.

Lets be fair-you have said time and time again you are biased against what she brings to NASCAR. I kinda like what speedy said. a single car team might be what she needs.

I dont know how being on a team with bratty-dillion would go..lol

I did read where Richard Childress wanted his "own Danica Patrick" at one point.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...evelopmental-drivers-danica-patrick/22533097/

Why not go for the real thing? :D

Sure lets compare a small money start and park team with a huge money championship winning driver at the end of his career anyway.

So why did the 24, 2, 41, 14, 42, 31 and 19 all have to scramble last-minute to find sponsorship at some point this season? Those are all playoff teams either this year or last. Face it, running well doesn't mean you get sponsored anymore. It's all about marketability.

Danica Patrick sits 28th in points this year and there are only 4 drivers that have run all 28 races that have a worse points standing and all 4 of those guys are in underfunded crap so that is not surprising. She will have driven almost 200 races before her career mercifully comes to an end this November and all the while she has had the benefit of running for a championship winning organization.

Her record should have no bearing on being a fan of hers as a person likes who they like and her record is no indication of the type of person she is as it is just a tally of how she has done her job. I know some very good people will not accept this but the fact is from a competitive standpoint her career has sucked beyond belief.

Danica Patrick sits 28th in points this year and there are only 4 drivers that have run all 28 races that have a worse points standing and all 4 of those guys are in underfunded crap so that is not surprising. She will have driven almost 200 races before her career mercifully comes to an end this November and all the while she has had the benefit of running for a championship winning organization.

Her record should have no bearing on being a fan of hers as a person likes who they like and her record is no indication of the type of person she is as it is just a tally of how she has done her job. I know some very good people will not accept this but the fact is from a competitive standpoint her career has sucked beyond belief.

We will see. she may surprise you yet and land a ride. I can only hope that she shows the haters.......

So why did the 24, 2, 41, 14, 42, 31 and 19 all have to scramble last-minute to find sponsorship at some point this season? Those are all playoff teams either this year or last. Face it, running well doesn't mean you get sponsored anymore. It's all about marketability.
Its no secret sponsor dollars are hard to come by. Its also no secret that all of the drivers you stated are either successful proven talent or show long run marketability. Danica is neither of those. Being the lone female doesnt cut it anymore - gotta perform. Especially if shes not willing to drop her standards for what team she wants to be on.

Lets be fair-you have said time and time again you are biased against what she brings to NASCAR. I kinda like what speedy said. a single car team might be what she needs.

I dont know how being on a team with bratty-dillion would go..lol

I did read where Richard Childress wanted his "own Danica Patrick" at one point.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...evelopmental-drivers-danica-patrick/22533097/

Why not go for the real thing? :D
Ive never said Im biased against what she brings to the sport. What I have said over and over is that shes brought in plenty of the female audience that wouldnt be here without her along with influencing females to strap themselves into the ****pit. All of that is a good thing - now its just time to have a female that is victory lane competitive. The Danica luster is worn.

Im not biased against Danica. What Im biased against is someone holding a top notch postion while underperforming, when others can do so much more in the same equipment.

Back
Top Bottom