Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

We will see. she may surprise you yet and land a ride. I can only hope that she shows the haters.......

Anything is possible but based on what she has said it doesn't seem probable. SHR doesn't want her, JGR and HMS don't have any room, FRR is going to be a 1 car team so the only top team left with room would be Penske and with expanding to a 3rd car it would be doubtful that they would add a 4th car at this late date.

From what has been reported it looks like there are not enough sponsors willing to cough up the dough to fund a car for her next year and IDK what would change between now and 2018.

Ive never said Im biased against what she brings to the sport. What I have said over and over is that shes brought in plenty of the female audience that wouldnt be here without her along with influencing females to strap themselves into the ****pit. All of that is a good thing - now its just time to have a female that is victory lane competitive. The Danica luster is worn.

Im not biased against Danica. What Im biased against is someone holding a top notch postion while underperforming, when others can do so much more in the same equipment.
Junior or Kasey, for example.

Anything is possible but based on what she has said it doesn't seem probable. SHR doesn't want her, JGR and HMS don't have any room, FRR is going to be a 1 car team so the only top team left with room would be Penske and with expanding to a 3rd car it would be doubtful that they would add a 4th car at this late date.

From what has been reported it looks like there are not enough sponsors willing to cough up the dough to fund a car for her next year and IDK what would change between now and 2018.

Do you know the future? No. no one does. I for one have faith. Until the last minute that something good happens for her.

Ive never said Im biased against what she brings to the sport. What I have said over and over is that shes brought in plenty of the female audience that wouldnt be here without her along with influencing females to strap themselves into the ****pit. All of that is a good thing - now its just time to have a female that is victory lane competitive. The Danica luster is worn.

Im not biased against Danica. What Im biased against is someone holding a top notch postion while underperforming, when others can do so much more in the same equipment.

Ideally the next female racer will have an upside on the track as opposed to yoga poses and pitching baubles and whatever else.

Do you know the future? No. no one does. I for one have faith. Until the last minute that something good happens for her.

I don't know the future but God gave me a set of eyes to read the signs along the way. Is it possible that DP could be a full time driver in Nascar in 2018? Absolutely! Is it likely? Based upon her stated requirements it is not likely.

Faith guys, just believe. She's gonna get a top 10 soon. I have FAITH

Faith guys, just believe. She's gonna get a top 10 soon. I have FAITH
:rolleyes:

Im just a fan. believe to the core. Im also a fan of the new orleans saints and believe they will win the SB again.

Or running a chain of restaurants, or running a short track on the side, or being distracted by managing teams in other series, or making wine...

Ideally the next female racer would look like Lurch and be focused only on driving and hopefully be very successful too. I have nothing against DP maximizing her marketing opportunities but fair or unfair I believe people didn't perceive her as being seriously interested and doing what it took to have even a somewhat successful career competitively speaking.

:rolleyes:

Im just a fan. believe to the core. Im also a fan of the new orleans saints and believe they will win the SB again.

The Saints will rise again. Time to move away from Sean Payton and Drew Brees and start rebuilding through the draft though.

Ideally the next female racer would look like Lurch and be focused only on driving and hopefully be very successful too. I have nothing against DP maximizing her marketing opportunities but fair or unfair I believe people didn't perceive her as being seriously interested and doing what it took to have even a somewhat successful career competitively speaking.
Are you going to have to explain that reference to our younger participants?

Oh come on, no it doesn't. That relationship is so irreversibly ****** when you have Derrick Cope with a ride next year and Matt Kenseth without one.
get real yourself, Cope in a **** ride that Danica's would never consider, not an SHR car.

Danica could also look into sports car racing, I think she would be a good fit in IMSA.

Someone would sign her up to be a driver for their team.

That's my hope. Easier to get an autograph too.

That's my hope. Easier to get an autograph too.

DP has been clear and consistent about what she will and won't do and unless something has changed yesterday or today she is only interested in racing for a top team in cup. I think it would be fun to see her race some trucks and X as well as a few other things but would still allow her time to pursue all her outside interests.

I am only speculating but with the massive market correction currently underway in Nascar it just may not make economic sense for her to to race any longer which is why she has set an impossible bar to continue on. If a guy like Matt Kenseth is looking at an 80% salary reduction if he is to race next year you would have to guess it would be in the same ballpark for DP and at that point it may not be worth all the hassle involved.

This isnt the first time she has mentioned "it all comes down to money (sponsors)". I get the feeling Danica is placing blame on companies. This is a performance driven sport first - and with performance comes sponsors.

Danica is still out here throwing blame on everything but herself.
I can't agree 1005 with that. I think Kenseth has performed quite well the last 5 years (most of his carrier) and yet he and Kurt are in the same boat as Danica.

She should look at Katherine Legge about finding success in IMSA. Its more than possible and she's turned into a solid shoe in the series.

She can look past NASCAR at this point because unless someone just jumps on board with her. Her days in NASCAR are really numbered.

Oh please. Auto racing is nowhere near as taxing on the body as full contact sports.

Darren Sproles suffered a broken arm and a torn ACL on the same play last Sunday. Race car drivers are not timid by any means but one good hit by a safety would probably equal all the pain they have felt in their cup careers.

This oughta shake a few birds from the bushes.......:D

I know I have a picture somewhere in this laptop of her waiting to do her turn
of hotlaps in a sportscar at Road Atl one year before her NASCAR career, so
there maybe an interest there. We will wait and see, which is half the fun.

I just see a lot of clothing, cooking, and yoga in my crystal ball for her.

I'm just really confused why she doesn't want to run Xfinity or Trucks? Guess she doesn't want to get criticized when she's not in the top 10 there? If she truly cared about doing well in Cup she would have done the same path of racing that the Dillons, Larson, etc did.

I kinda hope she gets the RCR ride in the 27 I guess since it's probably not going to be a ride at all without her.

I'm just really confused why she doesn't want to run Xfinity or Trucks? Guess she doesn't want to get criticized when she's not in the top 10 there? If she truly cared about doing well in Cup she would have done the same path of racing that the Dillons, Larson, etc did.

I kinda hope she gets the RCR ride in the 27 I guess since it's probably not going to be a ride at all without her.
Trucks and Xfinity are too big a pay cut for her to be involved.

It's simple enough. She doesn't WANT to drive anymore. Just over it. Too many hard crashes. The Almirola crash was last straw. How many plate races has she finished? Maybe 1/3 or her starts? Rest have been HUGE impacts with wall. She done. I for one don't blame her. Did her best. Her best wasn't great but she tried. Wish her well.

She did 5 years in Xfinity , that's a good amount of time there I would think.

Let's not get in the merry-go-round of "are drivers athletes" --- please.

I think the overwhelming amount of Nascar drivers are athletes and then there are guys like Jimmie Johnson that go to a completely different level.

She did 5 years in Xfinity , that's a good amount of time there I would think.

I can see it both ways. Yes, about 5 years, but only one complete season (2012). 61 total starts which would be about two seasons if completed without interruption.

I dont think there is a magic number. I just think it would be beneficial in her case, due to transitioning. All of this subjective at least for me.
I just wouldn't see it as a down grade, and racing to win in the Xfinity series would be huge. And if she suceeded at winning some of those events, it would be some future great history, legacy imo.

2 seasons of 12 races or so, a full season, then a couple plate races. One full season.

Danica never ran ANY Xfinity races on a non-restrictor plate race once she entered Cup, for somebody that is new to the cars and new to the sport, you think SHR or her, or whoever, would have let her get her confidence up in these lower series more.

My mistake guys, I just did a real quick glance , I did not look at the total number of races completed, so you all should ignore my reply please.

DKqRZQ8WAAEy137.jpg
you know what I'll miss if she doesnt race:
danica.PNG

Back
Top Bottom