Darlington seat help

superchuck500

Team Owner
Looking for some info, figure y'all might know.

I'm meeting my buddy for the Southern 500 and he's bringing his boys (16, 12) for their first race. I've never been to Darlington but we're looking for the best seats we can get for the race. I've been to plenty of races and typically if price is not a primary consideration, you look for somewhere on the front stretch, reasonably high up to get good sight on the track, pit road, and the S/F line.

I've read that Darlington's front-stretch towers weren't ideal because with the cars against the wall, you can't really see the action coming out of 4 on to the line - and because the front stretch seats were small. But I heard they re-modeled those stands last year to improve sight and comfort.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Looking for some info, figure y'all might know.

I'm meeting my buddy for the Southern 500 and he's bringing his boys (16, 12) for their first race. I've never been to Darlington but we're looking for the best seats we can get for the race. I've been to plenty of races and typically if price is not a primary consideration, you look for somewhere on the front stretch, reasonably high up to get good sight on the track, pit road, and the S/F line.

I've read that Darlington's front-stretch towers weren't ideal because with the cars against the wall, you can't really see the action coming out of 4 on to the line - and because the front stretch seats were small. But I heard they re-modeled those stands last year to improve sight and comfort.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

While I've never been there based on my travels to several tracks of different sizes (Dover is similar) I would think the turn 1 grandstand row 15+ would be where I'd want to sit. You should be able to see the entire track without moving your head much. You might miss them directly in front of your for a split second.

I'd LOVE to get to Darlington but Labor Day Weekend is brutally tough for me. One day....

I've sat everywhere at The Lady.

The front stretch still has lousy sightlines. First choice is Pearson tower (turn 4), anywhere in the middle, from the center seats up. Second choice is Brasington, from the middle around through turn 1, any row from 5 up. I used to prefer Brasington but when they moved the date back to Labor Day, the late summer sun is in your eyes for the first 150 miles.

Last choice is the back stretch, but the tickets are cheap enough. Oh, and there are discounts for veterans and SC residents. Last year I arrived around 3:30 and was still able to park for free in the track's lot.

The front stretch still has lousy sightlines. First choice is Pearson tower (turn 4), anywhere in the middle, from the center seats up. Second choice is Brasington, from the middle around through turn 1, any row from 5 up. I used to prefer Brasington but when they moved the date back to Labor Day, the late summer sun is in your eyes for the first 150 miles.

Last choice is the back stretch, but the tickets are cheap enough. Oh, and there are discounts for veterans and SC residents. Last year I arrived around 3:30 and was still able to park for free in the track's lot.

Great info - thanks

What Charlie said. He is spot on with Pearson being the best. I have sat top row on the front stretch and would not do it again.

What Charlie said. He is spot on with Pearson being the best. I have sat top row on the front stretch and would not do it again.
Hell, I’d sit bottom row on the front in the lower grandstands (Wallace) before I’d sit up top in the front tower again (Tyler). At least there wouldn’t be anyone in my way.

Back
Top Bottom