Darlington Throwbacks 2017

Petty's car 87, 88
upload_2017-5-22_21-42-2.jpeg

ILL BE THERE!! I drove past the track over the weeken on my way to myrtle beach.. now that track is out in the middle on nowhere lol

ILL BE THERE!! I drove past the track over the weeken on my way to myrtle beach.. now that track is out in the middle on nowhere lol
Are you talking about Darlington? I walked into town to the stores from the track. Of all the tracks I been to, Talladega seemed in the middle of nowhere. The Rock too.

Are you talking about Darlington? I walked into town to the stores from the track. Of all the tracks I been to, Talladega seemed in the middle of nowhere. The Rock too.

I live 25 minutes from the rock and an hour from darlington. Both live in the middle of certified bumf*ck Egypt. And I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live 25 minutes from the rock and an hour from darlington. Both live in the middle of certified bumf*ck Egypt. And I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's 'Bhumphuque'. :D And Darlington at least has two interstates within 5 miles. I agree that both make Martinsville look like a metropolitan area.

Brad is running this one.
I think that was the first car with minimal stickers on the front fender. All the cars of that era had the front fenders full of stickers - they all looked the same (I think NASCAR designated the location of the sponsor stickers).

Glad we got this thread, makes it easier to keep up with the Darlington ones over the ones for other races. Love seeing these things every year.

Brad is running this one.

CX21721DMBW-1.jpg
I really hope you are right. That is badass!!! Loved that car when it was a T-bird!!

I think that was the first car with minimal stickers on the front fender. All the cars of that era had the front fenders full of stickers - they all looked the same (I think NASCAR designated the location of the sponsor stickers).
Michael Waltrips Pennsoil car was the first I remember having a "clean" paint job where it only had the NASCAR required stickers and none others. The teams were part of contingency funds and eligible for more money if the ran certain stickers. Pennsoil didn't want any other sponsors on their car so I assume the paid more to keep it clean.

Michael Waltrips Pennsoil car was the first I remember having a "clean" paint job where it only had the NASCAR required stickers and none others. The teams were part of contingency funds and eligible for more money if the ran certain stickers. Pennsoil didn't want any other sponsors on their car so I assume the paid more to keep it clean.

That was such a cool looking car...

Michael-Waltrip-1992-Pennzoil-30-Hero-Card-SIGNED-MWAP-6.jpg

Oak Ridge Boys' to perform National Anthem at Darlington

upload_2017-6-12_14-25-58.jpeg

from Jayski
County music icons The Oak Ridge Boys will participate in Darlington Raceway's award-winning throwback weekend by performing the National Anthem for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bojangles' Southern 500 on Sept. 3.

I think it is really cool how some folks get fired up about the paint schemes they use at Darlington and how much they look forward to it. I thought it was neat the first year they did it and I think it would have been fun to do it every 5 years or so but for me they have gone to the well one too many times.

Back
Top Bottom