Date of server move

fury

Internet god with an inferiority complex
Staff member
The date of server move has been determined, it will take place some time tomorrow. I am not sure when, I am going to cooperate with the server admin of the server we will be moving to in order for this move to go smoothly (there are 3 other sites we need to move there as well). He has not yet informed me at what precise time the initial move will be taking place, so I do not know when the Racing-Forums move will happen yet, but don't freak out or anything, nothing will be lost, and everything will go alright. It will definitely be tomorrow. :)

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and as always, feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks, fury. Just to let you know, I have been having trouble getting here today. Earlier this afternoon and then just a little while ago. I was wondering if you had started doing the move. I guess not. Again, thanks to you and samcurry for taking this place and keeping it alive. We will certainly miss Paul!, but thanks go to the two of you! ;)

Originally posted by majestyx@Jun 27 2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks, fury. Just to let you know, I have been having trouble getting here today. Earlier this afternoon and then just a little while ago. I was wondering if you had started doing the move. I guess not. Again, thanks to you and samcurry for taking this place and keeping it alive. We will certainly miss Paul!, but thanks go to the two of you! ;)
I know, I was having the same problems. It appears the current server is having some issues, well it's certainly a good thing we'll be moving off of it eh? ;) The new server has some pretty beefy hardware, and so there should be no more problems like that in the future.

And I'd like to thank you for your kind words. I imagine it is still a bit of a shock to see someone else taking the reigns.

For the record, we want to thank Paul for everything he has done for the community and hope to see him visit from time to time.

ALLRIGHT! I will be gone most of tomorrow! Seriously thanks to you mods for what you are doing. :cheers: I know that I appreciate it! :)

Let me add my appreciation and thanks to you guys as well, Fury and Samcurry.So far you both have been extremely helpful and it IS appreciated by all of us. :cheers:

Thanks Fury for keeping us updated. I too was having problems with the site yesterday. Figured it was just me. :stupidcomp:

Well, the move had to be postponed, as the server admin of the new server was sick, so hang tight, we're still on the old server for now. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. I apologize for the confusion. :)

Originally posted by fury@Jun 29 2003, 10:25 AM
Well, the move had to be postponed, as the server admin of the new server was sick, so hang tight, we're still on the old server for now. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer. I apologize for the confusion. :)
Racing-Forums is now on its new server :) For now, you may want to add the following address as your temporary Racing-Forums bookmark: http://64.235.243.33/~racing/bbs/index.php

If I may make a simple request to everyone that they periodically click on the link below and let me know when they see a page that says "Congratulations, your service provider has updated your DNS"

The link to visit is here: http://www.racing-forums.com/servercheck.html

When you see the message I just described, you can switch back over to your regular bookmarks.

Thanks, and feel free to leave your comments. I've already noticed an incredible speed improvement. Most pages show up nearly instantly.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 30 2003, 03:51 PM
Fury, when I click on the server check link I get a 404.
OK :)

Keep trying about twice a day (once when you wake up and once when you're about to shut down for the night) and here pretty soon it should be done. I think it should be done for about everybody after a couple days, but if anyone is still getting the 404 I will hold off switching the board's links back to racing-forums.com

mine works. I didn't get the message you referred to, but I was able to get here with my old bookmark! When I clicked on your link, I got the page not found screen, so I clicked on the "racing-forums.com homepage" and it brought me here. :)

still says cannot find page...I'll kept trying and let ya'll know.

Originally posted by ward22@Jul 1 2003, 01:03 PM
When I click www.racing-forums.com....It says something lilke, " It worked! CSSl or something and I cant get here. the only way I can get here is to do this adres....

http://64.235.243.33/~racing/bbs/index
Shouldn't take very much longer, ward. Have you rebooted your computer recently? Doing so might get your computer to refresh the DNS cache.

Originally posted by fury+Jul 1 2003, 01:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fury @ Jul 1 2003, 01:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ward22@Jul 1 2003, 01:03 PM
When I click www.racing-forums.com....It says something lilke, " It worked!&nbsp; CSSl or something and I cant get here.&nbsp; the only way I can get here is to do this adres....

http://64.235.243.33/~racing/bbs/index
Shouldn't take very much longer, ward. Have you rebooted your computer recently? Doing so might get your computer to refresh the DNS cache. [/b][/quote]
I will see what happens later... :)

Originally posted by majestyx@Jul 1 2003, 08:31 AM
mine works. I didn't get the message you referred to, but I was able to get here with my old bookmark! When I clicked on your link, I got the page not found screen, so I clicked on the "racing-forums.com homepage" and it brought me here. :)
Got the message this evening! :)

:) I got it working now, Fury. I restarted my computer and than clicked on the link and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom