Daughter-Daddy Night At The Races

71Fan

Well that was just about as much fun as a Daddy & Daughter can have. :D

At a cookie-cutter anyways. The WW boys put on a nice show with hometown hero Brendon Gaughan (here for the CTS race and running his NAPA/Orleans Hotel car) blowing his motor while leading about halfway thru the hundred lapper. Brendon led most of the early going and had just repassed eventual winner Scott Lynch ( a kid out of Burley, Idaho) after an early pit stop when a huge cloud of smoke started trailing him around the track.

Meanwhile, Eric Norris found his way to the front for a while but another round of stops meant fresh tires for Lynch who was shooting off Turn Two like a rocket. Norris didn't stand a chance in the late going but did hang on to 2nd and became this years Winston West Champ.

News around the track was that the CTS ROTY leader had promised to pull off if he was going to interupt the 31 point seperation between Norris and series runner-up Austin Cameron who had fallen out early in the race. His definately was the strongest motor out there while it lasted, but Lynch was showing them all how to come off Turn Two. I mean to say that kid had the exit down.

On the way out we spotted a Revell 1 of 2500 1/24th Scale 2000 Dave Marcis #71 Realtree Monte Carlo. So much for the budget if ya know what I mean. Just couldn't pass it up.

Anyways, that was daughter-daddy night at the races.:D :D

"On the way out we spotted a Revell 1 of 2500 1/24th Scale 2000 Dave Marcis #71 Realtree Monte Carlo. So much for the budget if ya know what I mean. Just couldn't pass it up"

That is one of the models that I am gonna request that Steve make for me, he is presently on the Weatherly car and next will be Harry Gant's 33 Skoal car from his final season. He does one for me then one for him and so on so the Realtree car will be a couple months down the road.

Kel

This is the camo car with black fenders and only the red swirling stripe instead of red and silver. The silver 2002 commenerative can be found at Dave's website.

I almost didn't buy it, but the daughter very gently twisted my arm. Realtree cars are not often spotted.

71Fan, sounds like an ideal "Daddy-Daughter" evening. And, what father could resist an arm twisting from a daughter.

:) :)

I was hoping Eric Norris would win the WW. Good for him.

No, not a racer. A horse whisperer is what she is. I've seen her walk up to fairly spirited animals and in no time have them doing the nuzzle nuzzle thing. Simply amazing.

Thinking ahead to my retirement I tried to get her to do the trophy girl thing at the bullring but she's in love with junior....sigh......I kept telling her so what Kid's Kurt and Kyle have funny ears, they're going to be rich.....But you know girls, just wouldn't listen and now it's too late......sigh.....

Hopefully if the economy picks up we will be able to take a trip to Avery's Creek next year and do a race with Dave. Geesh, last time I was on the inside of a track with him was Ontario and I can't EVEN think how long ago that was.

And yuppers on the congrats to Eric Norris. 8 out 10 top 5's, 2 wins, 3 2nds, and 2 3rds. I'ld call that a championship run any day of the week. Maybe he'll catch a break and move up.

The impressive racer of the night was Lynch tho. I mean to say that kid did not have the fastest car but he came out two like a rocket, the trailers would close a bit down the backstretch but he would late brake three to make up for it. The car was on rails. He won driving away as a result.

It was just a good fun night:D

Back
Top Bottom