Daylight Savings Time

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
Florida is trying to institute Daylight Savings time year round. And I like it. On Feb 14th It was passed by the House 103-11. Today it passed the State Senate 33-2. The Governor will sign it and ask Congress to pass a law allowing us to enact it. We should get an answer by July 1st. I really hope that we get it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article203781769.html

If you are in business it can be challenging for vendors, customers and delivery people when you are on a different time part of the year. Before anyone scoffs at this notion I have worked through this situation a couple of times and it is always problematic. For business the most important thing is that you maintain the same time difference 12 months of the year. If you are retired who gives a crap what time the clock says it is as you do what you want when you want and you can still make the early bird specials and all your doctors appointments without difficulty.

Several states are in different time zones and there are always arguments about unifying the time for each state which would be ludicrous for TN not to mention the argument about which time to observe. I don't care what Florida does as I don't get there that often and I am smart enough to figure out what time it will be before I go.

As I was walking down the street one day
A man came up to me and asked me what the time was that was on my watch, yeah
And I said

Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I can't imagine why
We've all got time enough to cry

When Florida changes to Daylight Savings Time permanently later this year everybody else may be confused but we wont be. They'll get over it or deal with it, either way we'll be happy.

When Florida changes to Daylight Savings Time permanently later this year everybody else may be confused but we wont be. They'll get over it or deal with it, either way we'll be happy.
I wish Texas would follow suit. That way, El Paso would be on the same time as the rest of of Texas.

Florida is trying to institute Daylight Savings time year round. And I like it. On Feb 14th It was passed by the House 103-11. Today it passed the State Senate 33-2. The Governor will sign it and ask Congress to pass a law allowing us to enact it. We should get an answer by July 1st. I really hope that we get it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article203781769.html
Good luck to you down there. Seems pointless to change the clocks for any other reason than the power going out.

I think Arizona and Hawaii are 2 of the states that don't observe DST and I don't know if there are others. If Florida goes that way it will be interesting as it could create a groundswell of support in other states. Lots of arguments pro and con as the first time something happens to a child waiting in the dark for a school bus people will squeal.

I think Arizona and Hawaii are 2 of the states that don't observe DST and I don't know if there are others. If Florida goes that way it will be interesting as it could create a groundswell of support in other states. Lots of arguments pro and con as the first time something happens to a child waiting in the dark for a school bus people will squeal.
The majority of children in Southern California are overweight because they don’t play outside anymore. They’re parents drive them the block and a half to school so they don’t have to exert themselves. They don’t ride the bus.
The only ones on the bus are the ones that shouldn’t be logistically eligible for the schools that they’re bused to.
It’s an outdated system and should be eliminated.

The majority of children in Southern California are overweight because they don’t play outside anymore. They’re parents drive them the block and a half to school so they don’t have to exert themselves. They don’t ride the bus.
The only ones on the bus are the ones that shouldn’t be logistically eligible for the schools that they’re bused to.
Our school boards have discussed the waiting on a bus in the dark concern already and will adjust the start times accordingly. I think they have a handle on it.

People will make up all sorts of excuses to say it is good or bad and I was just offering what could be one of them. I have no dog in this fight so I do not care what Florida does. The place is too damn hot, humid and flat for me anyway.

And we are forever grateful that some feel negatively about the weather in our great state and stay away.We have enough loonies of our own. @BobbyFord excluded of course, his kind of lunacy would fit right in. :booya:

Kinda, like almost but not quite, makes me feel guilty about relocating to Florida. Easy to recall being raised in dairy farm country and having folks from NYC relocate in that area for the summer months telling us every thing we had done wrong since George Washington slept there.

Now here we are invading Johali's native state and watching as lawmakers bend to the whims of out of staters seeking .......... what??? Sometimes I wonder what it would take to make people happy. :rolleyes:

Kinda, like almost but not quite, makes me feel guilty about relocating to Florida. Easy to recall being raised in dairy farm country and having folks from NYC relocate in that area for the summer months telling us every thing we had done wrong since George Washington slept there.

Now here we are invading Johali's native state and watching as lawmakers bend to the whims of out of staters seeking .......... what??? Sometimes I wonder what it would take to make people happy. :rolleyes:
I'm happy as a frog in fresh mud. Snowbirds don't bother me, they still think Red Lobster has fresh seafood. :D

Reactions: sdj

So much happiness in such a random act of kindness by the Florida Legislature. ;)

I've got a dozen clocks to deal with. I'll have to find my coffee maker manual - I never remember how the combination of Mode and Program buttons work.

My '93 Silverado won't let me reset the clock so it is always stuck on regular time and was right twice a day. NOW, (sing hallelujah) it won't have to be reset any more. Unless the battery is unhooked.

My '93 Silverado won't let me reset the clock so it is always stuck on regular time and was right twice a day. NOW, (sing hallelujah) it won't have to be reset any more. Unless the battery is unhooked.
The clock in my Lincoln is easy to reset -- thank goodness.
The clock in the Ranger takes an engineer to reset, so it never gets changed. It's about 40 minutes off the correct time, so I just don't look at it. LOL

And here I am sitting and being very happy that I dont have to remember not to forget about changing my clocks twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom