Friday, July 5

3:30 PM, NXS Daytona qualifying, NBCSN
5:00 PM, MENCS Daytona qualifying, NBCSN
7:00 PM, NXS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
7:30 PM, NXS Race, NBCSN

Saturday, July 6

7:30 PM, MENCS Daytona race, NBC
11:00 PM, MENCS Post Race, NBCSN

End of an era, I’m really gonna miss this race being run on 4th of July weekend.
Geez you'd think the 4th July was a date of significance to you guys or something.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

yeah got a real pity party going on. I wonder if they are going to use the wickerbill like they did at Dega. That thing made it interesting.

Still mind boggled why this race won't be a July race next year....... I love this date for the lesser important Daytona race

Attendance has dropped since 2007. The city of Daytona has been begging the speedway to change the date because July 4th is already packed with tourists. Brings in extra dollars towards the end of the summer when hotels are about 75% packed. You went for 160k to 60k and only half of the suites are open.

Attendance has dropped since 2007. The city of Daytona has been begging the speedway to change the date because July 4th is already packed with tourists. Brings in extra dollars towards the end of the summer when hotels are about 75% packed. You went for 160k to 60k and only half of the suites are open.

Is that a Daytona/July problem or a NASCAR problem. I'm not sure you can fix attendance but if they feel a early September/regular season finale date works, we'll see.

Plus fall is hurricane season.

It was the Firecracker 400 for a reason.

So sad this race is being moved. July 4th Racing in Daytona just felt right. I give it 10 years, it will be back on this date. They’ll find that this is another tradition that shouldn’t have been trifled with.

I’m already looking forward to the firecracker 400 being moved ‘back’ to July 4th weekend, around 2030...

You'd think NASCAR would of learned from the fallout of moving the Southern 500 away from Labor Day weekend not to screw around with iconic race dates but this is NASCAR we're talking about. I'll miss tuning in on July Fourth weekends to watch the Cup and Xfinity drivers go at it.
Don't worry, I have a feeling it will be back where it belongs in 2021

And 60K is still a better crowd that what Indy gets

I'm actually kind of glad this is being moved. I love seeing plate racing under the lights, but I'm always busy over July 4th weekend as most people are and never get to watch this one.

Brendan Gaughan is suited up, Justin Haley moves up to a cup ride, and Klingerman gets another race.
D-amCPZXUAAI--P.jpg:large

Oh, please NASCAR ... juggle the damn schedule.

Thought it over. Don't ...

I put 10 G’s on the 15 Saturday night

LETS GO SMITHLEYBERRY

Stage lengths changed from 40/40/80 to 50/50/60. NASCAR didn't want a potential fuel mileage race, you know, cause that'd be organic to racing.

Tinker tinker tinker boys

I thought they said they didn't want fuel mileage for the stages.

Back
Top Bottom