Daytona Qualifying

DIDIT

Old School Fan
So, I posted on another thread about how I think NASCAR might be awarding the 500 pole to the best story line for the year. I just watched Denny Hamlin's qualifying lap on FX1 where they were showing his speed and for only a brief moment did they show his speed at 192. Most of the run it was 190 or lower. Then when the lap was complete they showed an official qualifying speed of 192.123...

Hmm, how could that be?

Toyota looking at the leaderboard like:
oZuNwt.gif

"We should be faster over a lap!"

Well, well, well, I thought for sure JR had the pole...but timing and scoring went out and Chase got it. Jr, was the one that mislead me with Suarez.
Good for Chase!

Man, Mike Joy looks old....

Not surprised to see Junior on the pole, these Daytona poll winners area almost always a "story line". Danica, Chase etc...

EDIT: nevermind

Happy with my TRD powered Toyotas. Top 10 speed and the best handling cars on the track. Hoping it is a million degrees next Sunday!

Elliott on the pole at Daytona, feels right

Toyota looking at the leaderboard like:
oZuNwt.gif

"We should be faster over a lap!"
Yoders "New" car bodies that they've been touting laid an egg in qualifying. I hope the same happens in the race. :D

Say what you want about Alan Gustafson, but he builds fast cars for Daytona.

3 straight poles for the 500.

Alan has always been an amazing engineer. That has never been in doubt.

He just isn't great at tuning the car mid race.

Alan has always been an amazing engineer. That has never been in doubt.

He just isn't great at tuning the car mid race.
He struggled in 2015 with Gordon but last year I have to admit he was making some great adjustments.

Yoders "New" car bodies that they've been touting laid an egg in qualifying. I hope the same happens in the race. :D

Yeah, not so much. Handle great, 4 in the final 12 of qualifying is gravy. All drivers happy with their cars. David Wilson happy with performance. What did Toyota say it was going to do in qualifying? I must have missed it. No I didn't. Great day.

I guess they couldn't give Jr the pole this year as they wanted to break the "Story of the year." thing so they just place him in second so he at least gets a front row start.

I guess they couldn't give Jr the pole this year as they wanted to break the "Story of the year." thing so they just place him in second so he at least gets a front row start.
:XXROFL::XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom