Daytona Roll Call

Cholo

Team Owner
Got that Friday and Monday off, MIL coming into town, about to buy my tickets can't wait. Been to the speedway but never the 500.

Who else is going and what advice you got on camping / race day experience. Probably just gonna ride my bike down camp on the way but if I get the right spot this late I'm considering bringing my travel trailer.

Got that Friday and Monday off, MIL coming into town, about to buy my tickets can't wait. Been to the speedway but never the 500.

Who else is going and what advice you got on camping / race day experience. Probably just gonna ride my bike down camp on the way but if I get the right spot this late I'm considering bringing my travel trailer.

Have a really good time and I hope you have great weather. I assumed the race was already sold out but I’m glad you can still get tix.

Have a really good time and I hope you have great weather. I assumed the race was already sold out but I’m glad you can still get tix.
Last year didn't sell out till a few days before. Will it even sell out this year?

I went to the 2017 Daytona 500. A heartbreaker for me with Larson running out with half a lap to go while leading, but I had a great time, even though I'm not a fan of plate racing. It's one of the few events on the schedule that still has that "early 2000s buzz" that all the races used to have.

Tomoka State Park is where we always stay. It's really nice and not very far from the track. If you decide to go there you'll need to try and get a reservation ASAP. See the link below.

https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/tomoka-state-park

Good for you, have a ball! :D

I am not going to the 500, but, I am going to the Twins, Truck race and the Exfinity race at Daytona and two Super Late Model Races at New Smyrna Speedway. I will watch the 500 from DVR on Sunday at home 156 miles from the track.:punkrocke

Tomoka already sold out, anyone ever camped in the infield? They have tent and RV sites left but leaning towards riding our bikes down and just watching from the grand stands.

Tomoka already sold out, anyone ever camped in the infield? They have tent and RV sites left but leaning towards riding our bikes down and just watching from the grand stands.
I haven't stayed in the infield since the early 70s. :D

I haven't stayed in the infield since the early 70s. :D

Only track I watched from the infield was Brickyard and while it was fun partying, could only see the cars when they went right in front of us. I imagine Daytona is similar.

Have a great time !!!

Only track I watched from the infield was Brickyard and while it was fun partying, could only see the cars when they went right in front of us. I imagine Daytona is similar.
Yep. Very limited line of sight from the infield.

Back
Top Bottom