Daytona Seats

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Hi all,

My buddy and I are going to Daytona for the first time next week, Xfinity and Cup. I am wondering what you guys recommend for seats? Is the 300-level high enough to decently see the entire track, or do we need to go up to the 400-level? Is there any kind of seating in the 400-level that you might consider too high? Also wondering, how are the ushers? When we go to Vegas we buy the cheapest ticket 48 hours out and then sit wherever since they don't check. Hoping to do the same at Daytona if they are relaxed about that kinda stuff.

If anyone has great racing spots in the area let me know! We will definitely be checking out the Streamline hotel! We are staying on the beach about a mile south of there.

Pretty much anything in 300 is perfect but I'd recommend at least halfway up to clear some of the minor obstructions you might get on the back stretch. 400 is absolute money, I personally don't think anything up there is too high. Used to go to the very top row to watch practice when that was still a thing lol. And yeah, as mentioned you should be easily able to move around, at least within whichever level your ticket is for. Sometimes the ushers will check you at the escalators going up but not always especially if you're in larger crowds.

My fiancé surprised me with a flight back home from AZ so I could go with my dad next week. First time back there in 3 years, super pumped.

Hi all,

My buddy and I are going to Daytona for the first time next week, Xfinity and Cup. I am wondering what you guys recommend for seats? Is the 300-level high enough to decently see the entire track, or do we need to go up to the 400-level? Is there any kind of seating in the 400-level that you might consider too high? Also wondering, how are the ushers? When we go to Vegas we buy the cheapest ticket 48 hours out and then sit wherever since they don't check. Hoping to do the same at Daytona if they are relaxed about that kinda stuff.

If anyone has great racing spots in the area let me know! We will definitely be checking out the Streamline hotel! We are staying on the beach about a mile south of there.
You guys are in for the time of your life! I agree with getting the summer cheap seat and move around and see what you like.
With Daytona , my favorite area to sit is down toward pit exit and the lowest first couple of rows of the highest section.
Its past the tri-oval flag stand and its where crash debris usually settles from finish line shenanigans. Its also helpful to
see who gets out of the pits first plus Its just easier to get to bathrooms and concessions. You can still see 90% of
the track as I remember. If there is a rain delay , go find an open seat below at the next level under the overhang. At some
point during the weekend go sit close to the track so you get the full effect of the insanity.

One year during a Rolex 24 hr. trip we stayed at a beach hotel and it was full of fleas. They were nice about it and put us in a better pet free room the next nite . Ever since then we would stay on the other side of 95 west of the track at the Ormond Beach exit.

The Gumbo Trons make watching the back stretch easy. I watch them exit turn 2 then go to the gumbotron and when they come into 3 I start watching the cars again.
The sound, roar, they make going into turn three is awesome, the roar is unique and will make your hair stand up, gives me goosebumps every time.

Here is a picture from our seats.

2016021895182206_resized_1.jpg
20160702_201216_resized.jpg

Anyone have parking intel? A lot of things I've read online are specific for the 500. What do the area businesses charge across the street? We are fine with walking a mile.

Not gonna take the rental car into the muddy field of the remote lot and then fight for a shuttle bus back after the race.

Anyone have parking intel? A lot of things I've read online are specific for the 500. What do the area businesses charge across the street? We are fine with walking a mile.

Not gonna take the rental car into the muddy field of the remote lot and then fight for a shuttle bus back after the race.
I’m not sure what the rate is these days but the Volusia Mall across from turn 4 is usually a pretty reliable move for paved parking. It might even be free on Friday, at least around the back. A lot of One Daytona and some of the other nearby business (Best Buy, etc.) prioritize hospitality first but allow same-day parking, but they’re smaller lots and probably cost a pretty penny.

If you have a handicap sticker, the parking at turn 4 is great and free. I actually hope you do not have to have one as I do for reasons but, if you do, use it.

I use to park across the street from turn 4 for 50 bucks, not sure what it is now. Worth every dollar, get there early, park, go to cracker barrel for breakfast and relax afterwords and meet a lot of race fans.

On Saturday you can do a free park and ride from Daytona lot 7. But, it takes a long time to get to the track and back to your vehicle. It would be OK if you don't want to tailgate or go to the midway and return to your car before the race. My suggestion for Saturday would be to just find someplace across from the track that is close to where you plan to enter. It might be $50, but in the long run it would make the day more enjoyable...especially if you have to deal with rain or a rain delay.
Current info from Daytona website

FREE/GENERAL FAN PARKING​

8/23 Wawa 250 - Rear of Volusia Mall opens at 12PM (Wawa 250 only)
8/24 Coke Zero Sugar 400 – LOT 7 opens at 11AM (Coke Zero Sugar 400 only)

Back
Top Bottom