Decker to xfininity

I wish her best of luck and will be cheering for her! PLEASE I am concerned that is too much too soon

1612581944942.png

I just don't get how they think she is ready. Her arca stats aren't all that impressive and truck series was worse

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just don't get how they think she is ready. Her arca stats aren't all that impressive and truck series was worse

Its only 5 races. If they stick to that and she continues to race trucks...maybe it will work. I dunno.

I hear that. I think it is a matter of how much money she had available and what team wanted take the chance to make a buck.. It's obviously a bought ride, I can't see it being anything else looking at the competitive standpoint. They are probably hoping she rides around and doesn't hit anything and they make more that way. They probably don't have much in the equipment also, Ryan Sieg's old cars, they are a low buck family team and they are switching over to Ford this year. :idunno:

She brings sponsorship and that is more important than experience

She’s not ready. Nowhere close. But she brings money.

This is honestly a slap in the face to someone like a Deegan. They are going in the wrong direction with their message to younger / female drivers.

It's only 5 races so I guess it’s not a big deal.
There are drivers who made the move to Xfinity or even the Cup Series with much less experience.
But not many of them have been successful. I don't wish her ill, but I don't see this as helping her development.

If this was anyone else putting up mediocre stats and showcasing horrible decision making on track, they'd be a lifelong ARCA driver at best. Imagine a third string college QB at a really small school buying their way into the NFL. That's about an equal comparison to this.

If this was anyone else putting up mediocre stats and showcasing horrible decision making on track, they'd be a lifelong ARCA driver at best. Imagine a third string college QB at a really small school buying their way into the NFL. That's about an equal comparison to this.
A prime example equity not being the same as equality.

The level in Xfinity really isn't that high. Decker won't be any worse than in the truck series.
At least until the composite bodies arrive. If she can hold on until then...
Xfinity has been using composite bodies since late 2017.

I get the analogy but Decker isn't the first one to enjoy the powers of being more marketable than others with more talent.
It may not be fair but it is the reality and there is always some Instagram to enjoy.

I get the analogy but Decker isn't the first one to enjoy the powers of being more marketable than others with more talent.
It may not be fair but it is the reality and there is always some Instagram to enjoy
I don't get the analogy myself. It's a matter of a sponsor for the money they spend getting the best bang for the bucks spent and a racing organization taking advantage of the opportunity. Nobody does that in foobah or stick and ball sports in general. They fall all over themselves at the college level paying for all sorts of under the table money and "gifts" for a player they think will win them games. And books can be written about all that.

I've seen first string players at bowl-series schools fall flat on their faces in the NFL. Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel leapt to mind. You can be a mediocre ride-buyer and have a longer career than those two combined.

I've seen first string players at bowl-series schools fall flat on their faces in the NFL. Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel leapt to mind. You can be a mediocre ride-buyer and have a longer career than those two combined.

Too though those guys were dominant at the college level. She was an accident machine

Why am I thinking about Bobby Labonte and Front Row Joe?

Do you mean the last person to beat DE for a championship in 2000 Bobby Labonte?
no, the Bobbie Labonte that had 16 more years in the cup series after 2000, didn't win a race in 13 years straight. I call that a long career of mediocrity. I like Labonte, but it is what it is. Front row Joe has done the same thing. Is still racing occasionally, and more power to him for doing so.

no, the Bobbie Labonte that had 16 more years in the cup series after 2000, didn't win a race in 13 years straight. I call that a long career of mediocrity. I like Labonte, but it is what it is. Front row Joe has done the same thing. Is still racing occasionally, and more power to him for doing so.
Right on. I get what you're saying. I just think Trickle or Pressley or LaJoie the elder or Atwood......................... would be a better example. :cheers:

Right on. I get what you're saying. I just think Trickle or Pressley or LaJoie the elder or Atwood......................... would be a better example. :cheers:
Decker couldn't glue on Trickle's lug nuts, or Randy LaJoie's, for that matter. Atwood wishes he belonged in the same paragraph with Trickle.

Back
Top Bottom