Denny Hamlin's knee

I didn't think that he would be able to make it the whole year.

I thought it wasn't supposed to bother him.That's what DW said.:rolleyes:.Oh well I guess they need to blame his not being in contension on something.

I saw the interview with Denny during practice earlier today --- he said that the meniscus has started to tear now. So, he decided to get it fixed.

Casey Mears will stand by for him for the next few races.

This will hurt my BigDawg chances. May I put in a substitute until he returns ??

I thought it wasn't supposed to bother him.That's what DW said.:rolleyes:.Oh well I guess they need to blame his not being in contension on something.

I wonder if it may not be the other way around.Most times atheletes think they can play through the pain,but as they are not at 100% their results fall off.I wonder if they just put two and two together.

I saw the interview with Denny during practice earlier today --- he said that the meniscus has started to tear now. So, he decided to get it fixed.

Smart move on his part. My son tore his ACL and the doc said the sooner the surgery to repair the better. His was done 10 days after the initial injury and after he had been off his feet all that time. Instability of the joint can mess up other things, like what's happening to Hamlin's menicus.

FWIW my son said the pain wasn't all that bad.

I've had 3 knee surgeries. The 1st left knee surgery was before arthroscopic, the right was after, the third was the 2nd time for the left knee with an Allograft ACL replacement and 2nd cartilidge (meniscus) repair. IMO, arthroscopic is less painful and less effective. My Allograft consisted of a cadaver achilles tendon (for an ACL replacement) inserted in holes drilled in my tibia and femur and affixed with dissolving screws made from the same material as dissolving stitches, followed by grafted bone plugs. I was walking 5 miles a day within 1 month. Minimal pain as compared to the open knee surgery and less recovery time (but not as effective, IMO).
Knee pain is extremely painful, if you've never experienced it and comparable on a level with severe lower back pain.

I was one of those people who said Denny would be winning races and be JJ's biggest threat and now he's what 19th in points and hasn't done anything at ALL.

I don't know about that but he isn't gonna make the chase this year after his surgery.
now, now, don't be so pessimistic. denny starts all the races and someone else drives better and finishes them. denny/substitute driver makes the chase, maybe even wins it. denny gets replaced by substitute driver next year. <g> ya gotta think positive. :) be nice seeing aric almirola back at gibbs. :)

Back
Top Bottom