dick gaines memorial at the burg

J

johnnythunderhead

another great night of racing at the burg with 31 sprints, 24 mods, around 20 pure stocks and hornets ea.. I still feel that 4 classes is overkill, but I realize its a moneymaker for the track, and yes I do want them to make money. they did the redraw in the pits this time and I noticed signs posted warning people not to stand (to block the view if others) so that was much better in both regards, as it worked out they kept the show moving right along and despite running the hornet feach between the sprint b main and a main, it was an early night, I left the track at about 9:45, half way through the mod feach. the track was in excellent shape once again.

chase stockon won the dick gaines mem't in c j Leary's #30 (as leary was off champ car racing/ well had hoped to have been champ car racing). the 30 car was perfect as was stockon's driving. this was the 3rd sprint car feach in a row that was won by the #30 car (the previous 2 with c j at the wheel. there was a hellish battle for 2nd place between joss moffat, daron clayton and Robert balou (who finished in that order) was good to see landon simon back after a nasty crash his last trip to the burg, he looked great all nite long and had a strong finish. dickie gaines (son of dick gaiines did not have a ride within but a couple days of the event, when along came an offer to race the beautiful orange 44, the car of the late Jason soudrette (very nice of the soudrettes to put dickie in the race honoring his late father)

no sprint cars at the burg this sat. due to the smackdown at kokomo, so see ya'll at the smack down (scheduled for thurs, fri and sat. if mother nature allows) the burg is running their once a year late model show, I'm not much into late models since they did away with the wedges years ago. hoping the weather turns out better than the forecast looks right now.

Back
Top Bottom