? did anyone think yesterdays race was good?

E

eeff

How many on track lead changes was there?

It was good to see Bill win another race! Great it was Indy but that track isn't for WCup racing. I know people think those cars should be able to race any where But Physics don't allow a 3600 # stock car go around corners that are that falt! The drama of Indy is all we watched yesterday. there was no real racing going on! DJ was about to make the finish exciting. But I'm glad Bill took the checker first.

The road race is interesting in how the pit stops play out. There will be 2 or 3 cars that are the class of the feild! I do like watching the road races.

But the following 3 races are very good in my opinion! Richmond stinks! Dover is great! Martinsville is good! Charlotte is good so to the Rock & Atlanta! The other tracks are just on the schedule to take the peoples money.!!!

I'll be watching though!

I'm a race fan that's addicted !

:)

:leap:

:calpping:

:beerchug:

Anytime I can watch a race is good,Sometimes I don't like the outcome,And my Tony side comes out,But I have got it bad for sure.:D

I've always said that NASCAR has no business at Indy. The track is the epitome of one groove. And whassup with them bleachers in the infield?

TnWard,That was so they could sell more Hamburgers,And Hotddogs. :p

The race sucked. Why even bother with the dang race? We all knew Elliot was going to win it. --not that I have anything against Elliot but I hate when the race is completely dominated by 1 driver, including any of my guys.

I'm a disgruntled fan that's addicted. :(

I like all races. All 32 of them. Some are better than others. Even in the follow the leader races there is a lot going on.

Originally posted by followthe18
I like all races.  All 32 of them.  Some are better than others.  Even in the follow the leader races there is a lot going on.

LOL,

Are we to believe that you don't count the four plate races as races???:D

Thought it was a great race, but then I don't mind at all when one car dominates. I grew up during a time when 15 cars on the lead lap at the checkers was pretty much the norm.

I thought it was a good race. My favorite, Matt Kenseth ran good and nobody got hurt.

Why do you think Richmond stinks? I've always thought that it was a good race, except for the last one with the sealer problems.

That's a good ? HS!! Are the plate tracks real racing?? Or are they just big go-cart tracks for winston cup cars?
When riding most go-carts at those places you pay you can hold the trottle wide open like at daytona & dega!

:calpping:

:leap:

Richmond isn't a track that you can race side by side at! When it was rebuilt they should have put 4 more degrees of banking in it! I like the tracks where you can't block someone that's faster. Richmond you can hold up a car for a good bit of time. That's not a good race In my opinion.
But hey everyone is entittled to there opinions!
I'm not bashing richmond like I do Homestead & Loudon! :)

I live about 70 miles from Homestead & I only go down there to check out the souviener trailers!

:beerchug:

Originally posted by eeff
That's a good ? HS!! Are the plate tracks real racing?? Or are they just big go-cart tracks for winston cup cars?
When riding most go-carts at those places you pay you can hold the trottle wide open like at daytona & dega!

Talledega and Daytona have provided some great racing over the years. Even the plate races have some redeeming features. The racing close throughout the field so TV can cover it pretty well. Ya gotta admit sometimes the races are exciting. But the drawbacks are numerous, and well documented.

Personally, I don't care for restrictor plate racing. But it is racing. I mean they got cars and drivers and crews. They got fans out the yazoo, with traffic and officials, a pace car, a flagman. They sing the national anthem, just about everything ya need to have a race.

Getting rid of the plates and making these tracks once again resemble the glory of the their past is a boondoggle of epic proportions. Just about every solution and theory that I know of, including every one of my own, is fraught with serious problems. It may well be that the sport has rendered these monster speedways obsolete.

I thought that the Brickyard race sucked. As have most all races at big tracks this year. If I hear another driver talk about getting passed and then developing an "aero" push I'm going to hurl.:bleh: NASCAR needs to do one of two things to get our racing somewhat back to where it was a few years ago. They either need to make the greenhouses bigger to get rid of some of the aero sensitivity that the cars have or they need to drop the spoilers and go back to softer tires. It'll be nice when someone can setup their car right and beat somebody on handling and not by getting out front in clean air and pulling away.

Dodge = aero advantage
Chevy & Pontiac = aero disadvantage
Ford = somewhere in the middle

A good example would be last weeks race. Bill Elliot couldn't miss with anything that he did to his car last week. Now all the Chevys and Pontiacs would react in a major way to little changes being made to the car. Dodges can half ass get their setups right and win a race, a Chevy or Pontiac would have to nail their setup to perfection to win a race these days. Parity, not even close. NASCAR has taken their "silver spoon" and started feeding Dodge with it, I guess as a gift for coming back to the series.

I've been watching NASCAR racing for over ten years and it's in the worst state that I've ever seen it when it comes to quality of racing. And it's a damn shame cause they know it too.:grrrr:

Back
Top Bottom