Did Nascar make the right call on JJ?

Was it the right call?

• Yes

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
In my opinion no. Juan knew he couldn't beat him one on one and sucker him. You can see the fourth place car up under his back bumper.

Although I like JJ' I do think he jumped the start should have backed off and let's him pass back but since he dident it was a good call

yeah JJ made two mistakes, he didn't wait for either the green flag or Montoya to go, and then he didn't give the spot back so they blacked flagged him. I heard Chad told him to go on, so the both got snookered..they usually do the snookering, so that was a surprise to me.

Jimmie Johnson was gone before they even got inside the restart line. Normally I disagree with these calls but this was clear as day. Jimmie made a mistake and paid for it.

They interviewed Juan on Speed Center, he said Jimmy was laying back and would have the momentum on the restart, so he held back and Jimmy jumped. Pemberton said it was a not a problem to make the call, they called 48s pit and told them to give back the spot. Told the 48 team to come down and watch the replay if they had a problem with the call. I thought it was great JJ has had many a questionable restart. He got caught. If Juan wasn't smart and held back as long as possible, they would have let that one go too.

Even though I was pulling for JJ, I have vote yes on this one.

NASCAR made the right call no doubt about it. They go over this at every drivers meeting and this isn't the first time it's happened.

NASCAR made a borderline call at Indianapolis last year, one that could've gone either way, and they set a precedent when they did. This one wasn't anywhere near as close as that call was. If they had let Jimmie keep his position, they would've had to hear for a long time about how they played favorites with Jimmie today and how they screwed Elliott Sadler out of a championship to bail Brad Keselowski out at Indianapolis.

Kudos to NASCAR for staying consistent this time.

JJ is too used to being the leader on restarts and screwed himself on this one. Montoya was most likley laughing his ass off.
Big blame goes to Chad for telling him to just go.

JJ broke the rule and didnt give the spot back, so it is not debatable .But in most cases JPM would have gotten run over, only Stewart's estrogen spared him.

I hope he tries it again and pays an idiots price. Hopefully at Indy were the heartbreak is the costliest.

guess you missed.."you beat the leader to the line, you have to give it back" He doesn't start in the box, the leader does. Bad camera angle also, the in car shows it better. It will probably show up before long

So is JJ suppose to lock up the brakes and wait for Juan to pass him back?

Yes.

Like I said, this one wasn't even close. Indianapolis last year with Sadler could've gone either way and NASCAR knew, when they made that call, they were setting a precedent. I honestly didn't like it then but they set a precedent that makes the rules easier for NASCAR to enforce when saying the second place car can't pass the leader before they get to the start/finish line. NASCAR took the "judgement call" aspect out of it.

They got this one right.

That is one way..another would be to be behind the leader and wait until he starts when he is in the start box, or wait until the green flag is waved if he doesn't.

In my opinion no. Juan knew he couldn't beat him one on one and sucker him. You can see the fourth place car up under his back bumper.

Just curious, do think it's wrong in football when the quarterback fake snaps the ball and gets the defense to jump early?

I know, ball-and-stick sports, who cares, but it's the same thing, in my mind. Montoya did nothing wrong, and totally set up Johnson to take the fall, which he did. Sorry #48 fans, the master schemer got outschemed yesterday.

If you JJ guys want to be mad about anything, be mad about Montoya not taking back the position, which is something Johnson claimed on the radio.

Yes. Did you notice Bowyer in 4th didn't pass Montoya before the starter threw the green, despite the fact that the whole field was stacking up behind JPM?

Yeah I don't buy Jimmy's half throttle B.S. when he hit the box he was going to put a hole shot on Juan. He didn't figure that Juan knew what he was trying to do, laying back, so he got bit, yeah they were stacked up, but nobody but Jimmy jumped. That was smart racing, you don't snooker Jimmy and crew very easily, they will be laughing about that for years in the Montoya pit.:)

Yeah I don't buy Jimmy's half throttle B.S. when he hit the box he was going to put a hole shot on Juan. He didn't figure that Juan knew what he was trying to do, laying back, so he got bit, yeah they were stacked up, but nobody but Jimmy jumped. That was smart racing, you don't snooker Jimmy and crew very easily, they will be laughing about that for years in the Montoya pit.:)

Well, Montoya was once snookered himself when he first came to America to race!

Jimmy jumped the restart but Juan also set him . Correct call by Nascar

Drivers play games at the start. Leader speeding up - slowing down, second place guy lagging back for a timed run. NASCAR doesn't often make the call about restarts and I've noticed them miss the call sometimes. NASCAR made the correct call and Johnson probably knows it.

He wasn't that far ahead;)

BLycgYvCAAAbpK9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom