Did NASCAR secretly order Jimmy Spencer to sit out Watkins Glen?

D

DEF3

What else could be the "secret results" of the meeting that Kurt Busch mentioned? :(

I don't think that there were any secret results, and i don't think Jimmy Spencer being out this week has anything to do with the weekend last week.

The fact of the matter is Jimmy Spencer is not a road racer. Apparently Chip Ganassi wanted to put in a true road racer to have a shot at the win this week, and he entered up a back-up car for Jimmy Spencer. I think Spencer really got dupped, though, that car was beyond slow, it was in no way set up for that track.

I'm just wondering if this is a sign of things to come. Ricky Rudd has been rumored to be going to Ganassi, but nobody knows if he's going to be replacing Spencer or if Rudd will be in a third team. With Spencer sitting out a race, you almost have to wonder.

they could have set up both cars for Scott, had Jimmy qualify in the 41 and if Scott didn't make it in the 42, then stick him in Jimmy's car......

well, no, they wanted the #41 to get the most points possible this week, so they put the road racer in the #41. That will help Jimmy Spencer down the road if he needs provisionals to get into a race. I've seen it done before, I just don't know if Spencer's car was really set up well enough to give him a fair shot at making the field.

Bingo- just like they didn't even try, and Jimmy looked like he wasn't even trying out there either......:mad:

Ganassi giving Spencer the #42 car to qualify at the Glen is just a nice way of saying, we don't want you here this week. He probably didn't find out he wasn't going ot be qualifying his car until he got at the Glen this weekend, and after realizing he was getting stuck with junk, didn't even try qualfying.

There was a similar situation last year, when, actually, the same Ganassi team car, the #01 Cingular car of Jason Leffler then, put in a road racer for the same race, and gave Leffler a back-up car to try and qualify. The car was crap, of course, and Leffler ended up missing the field. A few weeks later it was announced that Leffler would not be returning...

Oh, alright. I'm sure Spencer wasn't exactly too pleased with the announcement, just the same.

I agree he isn't or shouldn't be happy about it- but it still seems strange the way this all came about in the shadow of the incident at Indy......

.........One could only hope that Spencer was put in a folding chair this weekend........It just blows my mind to see his name on the starting grid every week. Had dealings with him when he raced Modifieds.......not a fun or exciting guy !

Maybe Nascar did secretely put Jimmy out of the race this weekend........but did you see him in the pits? He took it like a man and was there for his team! Good for Jimmy.:D

Back
Top Bottom