Did You Hear The Crowd Roar?

C

cutiepie24

when Jr got back in the race....bet that made him feel so good...........:) :) :)

Made him feel good, but really isnt gonna help his finish. Today is going to cost him a bunch of points.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Made him feel good, but really isnt gonna help his finish.  Today is going to cost him a bunch of points.

It's his job (as well as any driver's job) to get back in the race if they can. He's got sponsors and he has fans to please......sure he's gonna take a huge hit in the points but he and his team are doing what is right dispite going backwards in the points. Every time I hear someone wonder why a racer or team goes back out to finish a race when they are so far back that it's impossible to win or even finish decently, it makes me wonder if such people think that if you are far back in points then you should just give up and go home. If that's the case then I guess if you are not within striking distance of winning then you should just load it up and leave the track. That would make for a dwindling field and some very boring races. Jr and DEI did a fantastic job of getting the car fixed and back out.......and it was the correct thing to do.:)

Hey......DE Wrangler!
Beer's to ya! :beerchug:
Dale Jr 's crew did a great job , puttin that car back out there!
He may be down but he's not out!
To all th true fans! :calpping:

Just wonderin' how Jr got his car fixed so quickly when it was so damaged, and Rusty's wasn't and he still has 20 more minutes of work to do... Any thoughts?

Originally posted by HappyHour
Just wonderin' how Jr got his car fixed so quickly when it was so damaged, and Rusty's wasn't and he still has 20 more minutes of work to do... Any thoughts?

Most likely worked on it during red flag......took the penalty and got out. The said it took them about 31 minutes. Dispite the looks of it, the car really wasn't damaged that much anyway.

I would rather see them finish laps down then go home with a DNF. To me it would be the easy thing to do to pack up and just go home. I think it shows more that they want to drive no matter what happens and how far down they will finish up. We are about ready to go racin' again finally. Hope the rest of the race stays safe.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill
Made him feel good, but really isnt gonna help his finish.  Today is going to cost him a bunch of points.

Jr picked up 5 positions by getting back out. That's why teams do that!! He did improve his position........not in the Cup points but in the race......no DNF.:)

Happy Hour, I think Rusty had a broken sway bar that took much longer to fix. Junior mainly had external damage so he was able to get through faster than Rusty.

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2

It's his job (as well as any driver's job) to get back in the race if they can.  He's got sponsors and he has fans to please......sure he's gonna take a huge hit in the points but he and his team are doing what is right dispite going backwards in the points.  Every time I hear someone wonder why a racer or team goes back out to finish a race when they are so far back that it's impossible to win or even finish decently, it makes me wonder if such people think that if you are far back in points then you should just give up and go home.  If that's the case then I guess if you are not within striking distance of winning then you should just load it up and leave the track.  That would make for a dwindling field and some very boring races.  Jr and DEI did a fantastic job of getting the car fixed and back out.......and it was the correct thing to do.:)

I remember the early days of jeffy/ray, and he would not go back out after a wreck. he said he couldnt compete so he wasnt going out:bawling: anyhow, ray fixed that over time. but it still sticks in my head to this day:(

Originally posted by judas1

I remember the early days of jeffy/ray, and he would not go back out after a wreck. he said he couldnt compete so he wasnt going out:bawling:   anyhow, ray fixed that over time. but it still sticks in my head to this day:(

I think we were referring to Jr.......not Jeffie.

hey,:p they said its his job. i guess i was just slippin out some of my gordon knowledge, i appollogize:eek:

yeah the crowd did go nuts i was wondering what they where cheering for then i saw the battered 8 pull out of the garage.
was it me or does Jr look funny with the all black helmet and visor??

hahahaha..I was thinking the same thing..he looked like a spaceman......or one of those kid toys.............what are they called???? :D :D :D

just came to me..thats what he reminded me of...those little plastic toys.................

Rusty's car tore the right front a-frame bracket up! They had to fab up new parts & weld them on.
I could see where they used a torch to cut the old damaged stuff off the car!
That's much harder to fix, you must get the a-frame in place right for the caster & camber to be right & the car drivable!

Or, Lil'E slipped his back up car off the truck, threw some tape on to make it look good, and ....

Nah, even Lil'E wouldn't do that. Would he? :p

The point is to pick up as many positions as possible. Other wrecks or blown engines will let you increase your position to get more points.

Anybody know what the initials on the front corner meant?

:takethat:

I thought this thread was going to be about the crowd reaction when Awesome Bill took the lead. They went nuts. He is so popular, and for good reason.

Actually, I believe DMP stands for "Dirty Mo' Posse".

Don't ask.

I think it's just a silly name that Dale Jr. gives his buddies back home. Perhaps influenced by MTV, but that's about it, I think. To be honest, I don't follow all the superfluous (i.e. non-racing) stuff that follows Dale Jr. It's just a bit too much for me now that I'm an old hag. :(

Except for that Drakkar Noir pit crew challenge next month. I think I'll HAVE to check that one out.

Back
Top Bottom