Diffey

Rick Allen is under contract. But with any luck, they'll find a way to wiggle out of it next year.

I'll gladly take Allen back. NASCAR just doesn't sound right with that Australian calling the races.

I have no issue with Diffie and can even take Allen but the 2 bozos with him gotta go.

He's terrific. I'd love for them to make the switch but unfortunately with the way some people are and the comments that have been made it will probably make NBC think twice.

I would gladly trade Allen for Diffey, what a pleasure it was having him call the races.

He does a good job too when he gets to host NASCAR America.

Do we really need Rick Allen back next week? Diffey has been fantastic he makes every move seem special, he actually gets excited about the sport let's keep him
Being honest, I thought this was gonna be a hate thread, what a pleasant surprise, so :cheers: to you OP

I really enjoy having Diffey in the booth and I noticed it calmed Mutt and Jeff as well. Now we need to find away to slow down Jeff. Maybe force him to speak English would help.

I'm sure Rick Allen's contract is like all of the others. They could put him covering Bowling, Roller Derby, Bass Fishing or any other circuit if they wanted.

It doesn't matter too me all that much. I think they are all capable of calling the races. I don't have a problem with any of them like most do.

It doesn't matter too me all that much. I think they are all capable of calling the races. I don't have a problem with any of them like most do.

I think Allen is a bit of a goof but nowhere near someone that makes you hit the mute button. However the other 2 chatterboxes drive me crazy as for me they don't offer anything insightful and represent a distraction.

I've really liked him the past two weeks, would be great if he stayed.

However, the amount of hate being tossed his way in the comments on NASCAR.com and Facebook is pretty substantial. Lots of "Good ol boys" out there still that hate on his accent and can't stand the thought of a foreigner calling races. Pretty ridiculous viewpoint but it's very prevalent.

However, the amount of hate being tossed his way in the comments on NASCAR.com and Facebook is pretty substantial. Lots of "Good ol boys" out there still that hate on his accent and can't stand the thought of a foreigner calling races. Pretty ridiculous viewpoint but it's very prevalent.

I am very sorry to learn of this as it is just plain sad.

May I ask what is ridiculous about it? I'm all for foreign manufacture's and drivers but keep my race announcers American so they can be understood, preferably southern as well. NASCAR just doesn't sound right with an Australian calling the race. Kind of glad he's go some hate as I'm not the only one who thinks he should stick to the open wheels.

May I ask what is ridiculous about it? I'm all for foreign manufacture's and drivers but keep my race announcers American so they can be understood, preferably southern as well. NASCAR just doesn't sound right with an Australian calling the race. Kind of glad he's go some hate as I'm not the only one who thinks he should stick to the open wheels.

It may not sound right having an Aussie calling a race to you but it doesn't sound right to me having a Yank calling a race that screams "THREE WIDE" and "SIDEWAYS" for no good reason. I thought Diffey did a great job but as long as the twins with verbal diarrhea are in the booth I wan't be hearing much in the way of audio anyway.

It may not sound right having an Aussie calling a race to you but it doesn't sound right to me having a Yank calling a race that screams "THREE WIDE" and "SIDEWAYS" for no good reason. I thought Diffey did a great job but as long as the twins with verbal diarrhea are in the booth I wan't be hearing much in the way of audio anyway.

Yank? He's from Nebraska but I assume you call all Americans yanks? Just the northerners are referred to as Yanks around here. Allan is a great race announcer though and I'll be glad to have him back. Diffey does a good job but the dude can't help he was born in Australia and should stay away from NASCAR.

I happen to like Leigh Diffey --- his accent doesn't bother me because I've listened to him for so long doing other types
of racing, as well as the Barrett-Jackson auctions. I have no problem understanding him.

But, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. So just agree to disagree and please stop trying to pick holes
in each other just because you like/dislike him.

Yank? He's from Nebraska but I assume you call all Americans yanks? Just the northerners are referred to as Yanks around here. Allan is a great race announcer though and I'll be glad to have him back. Diffey does a good job but the dude can't help he was born in Australia and should stay away from NASCAR.

To an Englishman or Aussie all Americans as referred to as Yanks so the region of the country has no bearing.

I happen to like Leigh Diffey --- his accent doesn't bother me because I've listened to him for so long doing other types
of racing, as well as the Barrett-Jackson auctions. I have no problem understanding him.

But, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. So just agree to disagree and please stop trying to pick holes
in each other just because you like/dislike him.

I agree but it is still surprising to me that a person would automatically disqualify another for certain types of jobs based upon where they were born or how they sounded. Maybe it is because I have lived in other countries and traveled extensively but I have more difficulty understanding some folks from Blue Ridge GA. than Diffey.

Yeah I've watched F1 and Indy races with him calling the race and he a good race announcer. I think I'm use to him calling them and him doing NASCAR just doesn't sound right.

When I go to England it always takes me a day or so to get my ear attuned to the accent.
Then, I have to re-adjust when I come home. LOL

I watch a ton of British TV on Netflix and one of my BIL's is originally from Scotland and lived in the greater London area so I get exposed to the accents and colloquialisms all the time and maybe I just take it for granted.

It isn't a question of what Diffey feels as he is a pro so the criticism will fall off him like water on a duck's back. The issue is some of the reasons he is being assailed as they are just plain ugly and don't have a place in today's day and age.

Yeah I've watched F1 and Indy races with him calling the race and he a good race announcer. I think I'm use to him calling them and him doing NASCAR just doesn't sound right.
He's just here temporary until F1 summer break is over, then it's back to F1 to the finish of the 2017 season.

Expressing that you don't like him as an announcer is just fine. In other comment sections/forums people were being completely over the top about it. It was pretty ugly and played exactly into the negative stereotype that NASCAR fans have to the general population.

I don't really care for his accent, but his delivery, content and knowledge were enjoyable to listen to for me.

Nascar may have been born with the whiskey runners of the south and had it stayed that way you would still only have a few races a year on TV. You may not have noticed but Nascar survives on the rest of the country including Canada and others. The good old boys days are done and most of those old tracks are closed. To continue you need people that can speak better than some of those southern boys with their mouths full of marbles and limited vocabulary.

Nascar may have been born with the whiskey runners of the south and had it stayed that way you would still only have a few races a year on TV. You may not have noticed but Nascar survives on the rest of the country including Canada and others. The good old boys days are done and most of those old tracks are closed. To continue you need people that can speak better than some of those southern boys with their mouths full of marbles and limited vocabulary.

The booth is the one place that NASCAR can preserve their roots. I'm all for racing across the country and the wide exposure of NASCAR but a foreigner calling the race just sounds strange.

The booth is the one place that NASCAR can preserve their roots. I'm all for racing across the country and the wide exposure of NASCAR but a foreigner calling the race just sounds strange.
So ... Marcos Ambrose is ok but Leigh Diffey is not?

How odd.

Back
Top Bottom