Dirt makes way for The Shield

barelypure

Spectator
Is Lucy going to die in Don's arms? Or, will EMS arrive in time to save her to give us a 2nd season. Gosh I hope so. I like that kind of trashy mindless TV entertainment. And we got to see boobies...:D

But, they had to make room for the baddest man on the planet, Vic Mackey. I am absolutely stoked the The Shield will be back for another season. I just hope it doesn't disappoint but if Whitaker is still involved...well Vic just needs to take him out. :eek:

Hasn't this series been around for more than two seasons? I thought Glenn Close came on board the second season and was supposed to be one bad ass boss. I always saw the trailers for this series, but never got around to watching it.

No I meant this was Dirt's 1st season. The Shield is starting season 6.
FX rotates their shows on that Tuesday 10pm slot. When the Shield is done for the season I'm guessing they bring back Rescue Me. The NYFD show with Denis Leary. So far I haven't been disappointed with that time slot on FX.

I've been wanting to watch Rescue Me because I've found the trailers to be so funny. But I just hate getting tied down to a certain time to watch a program. I've got a couple that I do that for and I'm even getting tired of doing that for them. I could DVR the shows and watch them when I want, but I get to lazy to even do that. :rolleyes: What is the show Dirt all about? Haven't seen anything on that yet.

Lucy Spiller (Courtney Cox) was the editor of 2 tabloids, Now and Dirt. Now was a glitzy feel good mag while Dirt was more National Enquirer. No one was buying Now so it was rolled into Dirt for a new mag Dirt Now.
The reporters were chasing down Hollywood stories of juicy tidbits about actors and actresses. And other stories, like the rape and murder of a cheerleader by a preacher whose daughter tries to take the rap.
The one drawback was Lucy only used 1 photographer, Don Conti. He's a documented schizo who dreams about making love to an actress who OD'd that he photographed in her casket and being cremated. He also was able to talk to a decapitated head in a jar as he was photographing it.
It realy drew me in with its intrigue from week to week. But, like Rescue Me they didn't have a lot of shows in the can. I guess to see how the numbers were before they committed to filming a lot. That seems to be the trend these days.

I haven't ever watched any of the shows that have been mentioned in this thread, but there was one thing that caught my eye, and I quote....."And we got to see boobies"... Don't leave us hanging on this one. Please tell more.
There's only one show I watch every week that doesn't pertain to hunting or fishing and that's Survivor. Oh wait, my bad. They fish on that show.:beerbang: :beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom