Dj Messed Up

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
From what I saw, the crew tried their best, poor gas man, and WHO THE HEY TOLD DJ TO GO???

Jack dropped...........he's supposed to go when jack drops. DJ didn't mess up. Someone else did......crew chief or jack man, whoever said "go, go, go".

I dont think it was the gas mans fault. There were some guys just standing around...They should have been there to get the catch can for the gas man. Isnt there a catch can man?

Sorry, I didn't mean to say DJ messed up, but that he GOT messed up in that pit stop with lousey communication. NOT HIS FAULT.

He still finshied in the top ten. Just think what could have been if he didn't have the problems in the pits.

Miscommunication on the amount of fuel needed apparently. DJ's post race quotes:

DALE JARRETT --88-- UPS Taurus (Finished 10th) -- IS A 10TH-PLACE FINISH ANY CONSOLATION AT ALL? "Not right now, not when you've got a car that should have finished, at the worst, second. Could we have beaten him? We'll never know. We were taking the chance of two tires and getting out front in clean air. The two tires had worked great on our car before that. Could we have held him off? I don't know. But we were in the position. We got out in front of the guys that counted and I would have liked to have seen that. You can't make any mistakes. Just like we said, it takes a perfect day here and Bill and those guys had a perfect day. We made a mistake, but those things happen." WAS IT A TWO-TIRE STOP ALL THE WAY? "Yes, it was a two-tire stop all the way. We planned it that way. There may have been a little miscommunication with our people thinking that we needed a lot more fuel than what Todd thought we needed. Todd was ready after the first can for me to go and that's when I took off, so it was just a miscommunication." IS THERE ANY TRACK THAT HAS GIVEN YOU MORE JOY, YET MORE HEARTBREAK THAN THIS PLACE? "Oh, I don't know -- probably not. That's just part of the game. You like to think that it all evens out. The last time we had something like this happen, we came back the next year and won so we'll look forward to that chance."

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Miscommunication on the amount of fuel needed apparently. DJ's post race quotes:
not going to show the whole thing.

Another reason to believe DJ is one CLASS ACT, whether a fan of his or not.

I JUST saw a replay of that pit stop "mistake", gas man holding the catch can onto the thing with his stomach..... infraction to say the least and I hope it doesn't hurt DJ in fines or points.

Listening to Nascar last night, they should have had a man for the catch can. Stated that's why seven go over the wall. Interesting as they weren't sure he'd be penalized or not and said many other teams did the same thing and this would be addressed most likely at the driver's meeting next week. Said now that a mistake happened it has been brought to the front that many are using their 7th man elsewhere. LOL
I hate when that happens. You get away with something forever and then someone goes and screws it up so you all pay. LOL

That WAS the catchcan man. The gasser had gone for another tank of fuel.

71fan is right. I always see the fuel man go for a second can while the catch can man holds onto the first can. when the fuel man returns with the second can the catch can man throws the first can back over the wall and concentrates only on the catch can, plain miscomunication.

That was the catch can man! He was holding the first can of gas while the gas man went for the second one! That was an awesome job the camera did on the back bumper of dj's car! That guy should be rewardded for his effort & commitment to that team. It wasn't his fault that happened! He was doing 2 peoples job & the jack man let the car down A tick early!

Back
Top Bottom