Do you pay for any of the short track race streaming services?

gnomesayin

Team Owner
In past years, I have made due reading recaps for the series and tracks I follow, and finding videos on Youtube as I can. It seems like with the rise of subscription streaming services for the touring series, fewer and fewer of those are available on Youtube for free.

I bought the Lucas Oil Racing TV (https://lucasoilracing.tv/) yearly subscription to watch the Chili Bowl, so I'll be watching the Lucas Oil Late Model and ASCS races they offer there. I am thinking about paying for Loud Pedal TV (https://loudpedal.tv) at $9.99 per month for USAC sprints and midgets, and RacingDirt (https://racindirt.com) at $7.99 per month to watch USMTS modifieds and various other big midwest events shortly after they happen. That site offers a bunch of live PPV coverage that is too expensive for me to justify ($25 and $30 per night for most events, in some cases more than an actual ticket would cost), but if you wait for a few days, it's all accessible via the archive.

Anyway, curious if someone has recommendations for services that provide good coverage and value.

I've tried LucasOilRacingTV (they'll have some good ARCA races live on there too this year at Iowa & Michigan among others being shown on MavTV) and RacinDirt along with DirtVision being cheaper now I may get it.

I don't subscribe, I have tried out Lucas Oil TV for 1 month and its nice. Seems like Lucas Oil Racing TV and the new Dirtvision are the best deals ! Thats a LOT of live races with the Dirtvision deal. The price will add up if you subscribe all year though. May be better to just pick some more event heavy months... And hope they dont have a lot of rain outs.

I don't think the price for DirtVision is unreasonable given the number of races they are covering, but it's not for me at that monthly cost. It is a great deal though for hardcore WoO fans. I agree about picking a prime month or two out of the season.

I do the lucas oil tv every year, I really prefer the lucas oil series over WOO so it's perfect for me, plus it has the offroad and stuff which is fun to watch every now and then. The loud pedal deals sounds interesting, as I prefer non wing sprints over winged, I might check that out.

The guys over on hoseheads seem to like the dirtvision deal so far, hopefully it goes good for them.

I really prefer the lucas oil series over WOO so it's perfect for me

I am finding that too. The WoO series still has a good roster, and Brandon Sheppard is as good as anyone, but I like the way the Lucas series is run. I wish Lucas Oil Racing TV were covering more of the full schedule.

Last edited:
In past years, I have made due reading recaps for the series and tracks I follow, and finding videos on Youtube as I can. It seems like with the rise of subscription streaming services for the touring series, fewer and fewer of those are available on Youtube for free.

I bought the Lucas Oil Racing TV (https://lucasoilracing.tv/) yearly subscription to watch the Chili Bowl, so I'll be watching the Lucas Oil Late Model and ASCS races they offer there. I am thinking about paying for Loud Pedal TV (https://loudpedal.tv) at $9.99 per month for USAC sprints and midgets, and RacingDirt (https://racindirt.com) at $7.99 per month to watch USMTS modifieds and various other big midwest events shortly after they happen. That site offers a bunch of live PPV coverage that is too expensive for me to justify ($25 and $30 per night for most events, in some cases more than an actual ticket would cost), but if you wait for a few days, it's all accessible via the archive.

Anyway, curious if someone has recommendations for services that provide good coverage and value.

Everything's moving to the subscription model.

Everything's moving to the subscription model.

Yeah, it's pretty cool actually, as there are new businesses providing coverage of niche content for reasonable prices, and most of the subscription money is going directly to the entities that are doing the work, without layer after layer of middle men.

However, eventually people are going to start feeling the overload of the 5 bajillion $8 monthly services they could be subscribing to, and someone will come up with the bright idea that there should be an umbrella network that bundles many of them together. Then you're right back to the damn cable TV model.

Yeah, it's pretty cool actually, as there are new businesses providing coverage of niche content for reasonable prices, and most of the subscription money is going directly to the entities that are doing the work, without layer after layer of middle men.

However, eventually people are going to start feeling the overload of the 5 bajillion $8 monthly services they could be subscribing to, and someone will come up with the bright idea that there should be an umbrella network that bundles many of them together. Then you're right back to the damn cable TV model.

It's gonna happen. The "cable TV" model isn't as bad as most make it out to be. People are going to find that out when they find out they're paying $10/month per channel. And it's also only a matter of time before streaming services include commercials.

You can call it a model I guess, but there isn't any difference in the two. They are both a part of the hostage system. We have something, and we hold it hostage until you pay for it.
My problem with Lucas Oil TV is that in the fluffing before you buy they said they had many of the MAV TV shows. I don't get MAV so I thought it would be a good deal to get the Chili Bowl and all of those programs.I really liked Wind Tunnel when it was on SPEED and was looking forward to that show and a couple of of the other car shows to binge watch when I paid up. Their wasn't but a handful of episodes for any of them.

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to any streaming services a much as I pick select races to purchase. For instance I was home last night it was raining and I decided on watching the WOO at Vegas. Most of my Saturdays are spent at the local tracks so I don't feel the need to purchase a streaming option as it is not worth it and I have the race monitor app to follow races away from the track that I am at. For me it just depends on if I am home and what race is being run.

I do the lucas oil tv every year, I really prefer the lucas oil series over WOO so it's perfect for me, plus it has the offroad and stuff which is fun to watch every now and then. The loud pedal deals sounds interesting, as I prefer non wing sprints over winged, I might check that out.

The guys over on hoseheads seem to like the dirtvision deal so far, hopefully it goes good for them.

I quite enjoy the Lucas Oil ASCS if that's what you're talking about.

I was talking about the Lucas oil late model series, but I do like the lucas Oil ASCS series as well.

I forgot about Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt, lol. Yeah I think that's better than WoO Late Models. ASCS is the best 360 series.

Lucas Oil is better with late models but World Of Outlaws is far and away the best sprint car series around. The level of racing and aggression is NASCAR level

Back
Top Bottom