Dodge Splits with Bill Davis Racing

With the big money Toyota will no doubt throw around; a lot of the little struggling teams will go by the wayside...if you don't believe me just look at the IRL this year and how much teams are needing to spend to try and keep up with Toyota and Honda...

WEll the IRL thing is bc the Chevy motor os way under powered for some reason! But yet it very well could hurt the small teams! I love Pontaic but i kinda hope that MBV goes with Toyota so Jb will have a shot at winning when Toyota comes in. Pontaic will be hurt the most by this!

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 2 2003, 08:51 AM
I was suprised when they showed the cars on TV and they still have the Dodge stickers on the front and rear bumpers; If I was Davis I would have made sure they where scratched real bad at the start of the race so they just read "Do" or put black electrical tape over them in protest.
I think they would have to get permission from Nascar to take off the decals. I remember Alan Kulwicki having to ask Nascar if he could take off the 'TH' in Thunderbird for the '92 Atlanta race.

The 09 James Finch car last year fielded a Ford Taurus in the plate races but didn't have any Ford decals on it.

Originally posted by park30fan@May 29 2003, 08:27 PM
But wouldn't they be pretty low on the totem pole with Chevys? They'd be behind RCR, DEI, Gibbs, Hendrick, I don't think they'd get close to the support those teams do.
Well I agree with Gibbs,and Hendricks anyways. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom