Dodge won't return to NASCAR

As much as I like Mopar I just can't see anybody that is a top tier team bail to go to them in the first place. You would need one the believed you to be in for the long haul. I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot the last go around.

As much as I like Mopar I just can't see anybody that is a top tier team bail to go to them in the first place. You would need one the believed you to be in for the long haul. I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot the last go around.
Valid point you make.

Penske said that he was the only team that was running Dodges when he pulled the plug and he was building the engines also when Brad won the championship. They probably weren't supporting teams and then they were bought out and they quit supporting all of the series. No stability for sure.

Penske said that he was the only team that was running Dodges when he pulled the plug and he was building the engines also when Brad won the championship. They probably weren't supporting teams and then they were bought out and they quit supporting all of the series. No stability for sure.

Yeah, that Roger Penske is a real cutthroat as he single–handedly took a manufacturer out of cup competition and will dance with anyone. Dude makes Joe Gibbs look like a saint.

That says very little. It does very little to dissuade me from thinking they will be back by 2020. Which should coincide with the Gen 7 car. There are no official quotes from Sergio in the article. So I wouldn't give up just yet.
Hope Springs Eternally, which is close to Hot Springs Arkansas.

But 48 hrs ago, everyone was sure RCR was going to be the Dodge factory team....

Yeah, that Roger Penske is a real cutthroat as he single–handedly took a manufacturer out of cup competition and will dance with anyone. Dude makes Joe Gibbs look like a saint.
Roger was more than likely smart enough and was connected good enough to know that Fiat was buying the whole schbang..... He saw the handwriting on the wall.....

I don't blame him for his decision... I think it was a good one..... He didn't get to where he is by going in blindly.

He more than likely knew Fiat was not to be trusted and got out before he was burned.

That's the sign of a good businessman.

Roger was more than likely smart enough and was connected good enough to know that Fiat was buying the whole schbang..... He saw the handwriting on the wall.....

I don't blame him for his decision... I think it was a good one..... He didn't get to where he is by going in blindly.

He more than likely knew Fiat was not to be trusted and got out before he was burned.

yeah he probably put out some feelers, as it was, he got left with a full machine shop and the personnel, but he did get Ford support to continue.

I think Penske wanted a 5 year commitment but Dodge wouldn't agree to that.
Of course they wouldn't...... they know if someone didn't step in with money..... they would be in receivership..... Lee Iacocca pulled them out once..... Then Daimler Benz gave it a shot..... Fiat more than likely bought 'em for a very discounted rate ...... Fiat are so tight fisted.... they aren't giving away 1 dollar unless they can make 5......

I remember the last time fiat was selling in the U.S. their cars were pieces of junk
The whole company..... encompassing automobiles, agricultural equipment, construction equipment.... worldwide production..... junk..... very inferior products.... poorly designed and supported..... that's why I was aghast when I learned they bought Chrysler..... basically.... years ago when Chrysler acquired American Motors.... that was the biggest shot in the arm for them..... they wanted Jeep..... had it not been for that, they would have gone under like a rowboat with a 3 inch hole in the bottom..... Jeep sustained them for years..... It's still their mainstay.... Have you ever noticed how many different Jeeps of different variations you see on the road?...... just start paying attention...... about every 1 of 10 vehicles you see on the road are Jeeps.....

Back in the late 80's Jeep was using chevy running gear under their cherokees I thought that was strange.
LOL......... You are totally right........ back when American motors owned them .... you never knew what parts or pieces you were dealing with...... they might have Delco starters.... Ford Starters...... same with alternators..... transmissions........ :idunno:

Yeah........ back in the 80's..... I worked for a dealership that...... the guy that owned it loved Wagoneers.... he had 3 of them..... not a single one of them were alike..... all 3 were like '76- '78....... it's like they ran down the line and they just used what parts were available that day......... no rhyme nor reason as to what you were dealing with...

okay..... we are getting way off the Dodge deal now.... but....... it was kinda' intertwined.....

Sorry TRL.......

I can see my hand getting slapped by the ruler already......

Friends that work for Jeep in engineering said they're building 3 manufacturing plants around the world to keep up with demand.The new Jeep Wrangler and pickup are coming out in the next 2 years.That is why the redesigned 2018 Charger has been pushed back to 2020/2021.Maybe they will reconsider in a couple years closer to when the new Charger comes out,if tv viewers and attendance will pick up some.

LOL......... You are totally right........ back when American motors owned them .... you never knew what parts or pieces you were dealing with...... they might have Delco starters.... Ford Starters...... same with alternators..... transmissions........ :idunno:
I worked for Jeep for a while.
We used to say AMC stood for All Motors Combined.

I had an 86 s 10 blazer, the Jeep Cherokee was using the same running gear and was 2000 dollars more.

I believe my statement is ridiculous and I made it just for fun as someone has been whining and moaning about Joe Gibbs not being a bad person because he is allowing Matt Kenseth's contract to expire which is plum wacko crazy IMO

That says very little. It does very little to dissuade me from thinking they will be back by 2020. Which should coincide with the Gen 7 car. There are no official quotes from Sergio in the article. So I wouldn't give up just yet.
Sergio is retiring.

Sergio is retiring.
Your point?? He is in charge now. It was a poorly written piece with nothing new except for a quote from someone who would not go on record. A a writer myself if you can get someone to put their name on it it means more. I did not read it as a never no way no how proposition. I read it as a not right now thing. Makes more sense to wait on the Gen 7 now anyway.

You are right. That's why NASCAR is actively doing everything they can from their end to get them back.
LOL....... The only way Nascar will get them back is to guarantee Fiat that they will get concessions and that Fiat will win the most races and a championship every third year......

Fiat...... It's a prick company and I hope they never ever win another race anywhere......

Other than that....... yeah...... everything is great........ :)

I don't even consider the Fiat part, if people can accept toyo, then just get over Fiat!! My family has owned mostly mopar my entire life. Not a bad one in the bunch.

Yeah they haven't changed the Mopars, nothing like Mercedes that force fed their junk diesels in big trucks instead of using Detroits.

Back
Top Bottom