Dodge?

Dwayne

Team Owner
If Dodge wins the championship would this be the first time the defending championship maker has no team in cup? This sounds so bizzare to me, with the way they are running you'd think someone would sign a 5 year deal..o_O

If Dodge wins the championship would this be the first time the defending championship maker has no team in cup? This sounds so bizzare to me, with the way they are running you'd think someone would sign a 5 year deal..o_O

I wonder if it would be the first time the only fulltime driver for a manufacturer won the championship.

My understanding is that Dodge will only commit to 3 years, which isn't enough for anyone to jump over and build engines.

I wonder if it would be the first time the only fulltime driver for a manufacturer won the championship.

My understanding is that Dodge will only commit to 3 years, which isn't enough for anyone to jump over and build engines.

That's another good question. I thought Dodge was asking teams to sign a 5 year deal and no one would step up for that long.

That's another good question. I thought Dodge was asking teams to sign a 5 year deal and no one would step up for that long.

Dodge screwed themselves. The rumor is that Fiat didn't see the benefit of being in NASCAR, so they started backing out by offering just 3 years. Now they have lost their engine builder, and it will cost them big $'s to come back in.

I have seen where Dodge was only commiting to 3 years also. No team is gonna go through the expense of switching and producing motors when in 3 years they could walk. I don't understand Dodge's position on that. Here they are with 10 wins in 2 years and another solid chance at the championship. On the hand, if I'm Penske I take the 3. They build their motors, the performance is top notch and only getting better. Who'd have ever thought after they came back in 2001 with all the excitement and teams they had that they'd be gone again in 2013?

Dodge started screwing themselves when they screwed Evernham out of money, or that's his story.

Pontiac.The last year in Cup Stewart or Labonte won the Championship then they ducked out.I think?

Back
Top Bottom