Does anyone play Flight sims?

Whizzer

Gig'em
I'm curious if there are others who play fight sims. It has been nearly a year since I bought the M/S Flight 2020 sim and only recently got into it. It is, without a doubt, one of the most realistic sims I've come across although that isn't saying much as I rarely play computer games.
At first, I tried the usual controls with the mouse and key board but that was a lesson in futility so I bought a Thrustmaster 16000M HOTAS and that improved the fun of the sim substantially and now looking to expand the instrument panel as there are times when the panel in the aircraft are too difficult to read.
I fly general aircraft and do not engage in fighter jet competition. Much too fast for an old fart like me but the M/S Flight 2020 is so realistic, I can fly over and pick out my house, the graphics are that good!!
Looking for experiences you might have with any flight simulator. Or am I the only one using a flight sim ?

Alot of folks in the Mentour FB Group rave on MS F-2020. The screenshot graphics really are amazing.

Do the HOTAS come with rudder pedals and a tiller handle? I think that'd be amazing.

If you find a cheap/used 42" TV, set it up as a computer monitor. Will help with gauges. I have a 32" on my iRacing rig.

I'm getting a Honeycomb yoke and Logitech G Pro rudder pedals this week. The Thrustmaster 16000M HOTAS joystick is too stiff and sensitive. It takes such small increments to make major changes which end up throwing the plane all over the place. The HOTAS has setting for trim and flaps but they too are difficult to adjust. I think the Trrustmaster would be great for combat flight but at my age my reflexes are too slow for aerial combat.
The graphics on MS Flight 2020 are spectacular. Sunday I flew from Venice to Englewood and flew over the community I live in and could actually pick out my house!!! And that type of graphic is available from over 1000 airports. I'm doing the training and navigation but am a slow learner and hard study so end up running various training flights repeatedly.
If you like flight the MS Flight 2020 might be worthwhile looking at.

Back
Top Bottom