Does anyone race any older NASCAR PC games?

P

Parkfan

I mean, like NASCAR 3 and older. I have NASCAR 2003 and it runs really poorly on my system, so I don't play it much and will probably only use it for the Trucks and Legends. Another reason is, N2003 has really bad ai. I don't know if my computer impacts the ai, but they can't pass at a lot of the tracks and cause really stupid wrecks. I like NASCAR 1999 because it has the best ai, and it works best with the keyboard out of all my games. I also play NASCAR 3 + NASCAR Legends.

Hmm, I used to race NASCAR2 until I got my new computer. I dunno how NR2003 could be running that bad on your system, what are your computer's specs?

Gateway E-1800
Intel Celeron 1.4GHz processor
128 mb ram
18. 6 gb
Windows XP
Integrated SoundBlaster Compatible Audio
Integrated Intel Direct AGP w/ Direct Video Memory Technology

I've tried stuff like that and it doesn't help. If I added ram, it probably help but I just don't like messing with computers once I buy them. The thing that makes me mad is NASCAR 2002 ran great, but NASCAR 2003, I turn everything off and it still won't run good. Oh well, I'll just wait till I get a new computer sometime. I don't race online, so having good ai is really important to me, so until they make it better, I won't worry too much.

Gateway computers cant handle big media files becuase i had a Gateway Computer and i played Nascar 2003 and it sucked, it actually blow my hard drive.

Originally posted by park30fan@Aug 22 2003, 10:49 PM
Gateway E-1800
128 mb ram
18. 6 gb
Windows XP
i might be because you run XP.
i try running on my newer computer with XP pro and it crashes all the time and locks up.
i ran it on ME on my old computer (with a very crappy 700mhz celeron & on-board video card) and it has never locked up (but the frame rate is like 0).

but back on topic. i play alot of the older games.
i play NASCAR Racing 1, 3 & 1999 edition (i agree. it has the best AI & works really well with a keyboard) & legends.
i also have Indycar II & Indianapolis 500: the simulation.

Originally posted by park30fan@Aug 22 2003, 11:49 PM
Gateway E-1800
128 mb ram
18. 6 gb
Windows XP
Or maybe because you have the Celeron processor. Games like Nascar 2003 like that Pentium speed processor.

wlfyk62 is right though, Gateway computers cant handle big files like that, I have a Gateway computer. They suck. :angry: But the games plays fairly well on my system.

I can think of two limiting factors with those specs: RAM, and video. You'll probably want at least another 128 MB of RAM - 256 is how much I need just to play NR2002 - and integrated video is just not that fast. If you have free AGP slot, you should see about getting a GeForce3 or an ATI radeon - they should be fairly cheap nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom