Does Dave Despain Hate IRL?!

D

Dionysius

Seriously...Wind Tunnel only had a bunch of crap about some NASCAR pre-medonnas, an interview with a two-wheeler who has a "look at me" YouTube channel and a blah interview with Tavo Helmund about the F1 US GP (that's never going to happen.) I think there was a 10 second blurb about Will winning and that was it. No highlights, nothing.

Does he only cover IRL when Robin Miller drops a video-call or what?

Seriously...Wind Tunnel only had a bunch of crap about some NASCAR pre-medonnas, an interview with a two-wheeler who has a "look at me" YouTube channel and a blah interview with Tavo Helmund about the F1 US GP (that's never going to happen.) I think there was a 10 second blurb about Will winning and that was it. No highlights, nothing.

its only interesting when Miller is there

Where were you a couple weeks ago when nearly the first half hour was devoted to the Helio blocking penality? That wasn't even a Robin Miller night.

Guess your going to have to watch the Speed Report to get your IRL fix.

Where were you a couple weeks ago when nearly the first half hour was devoted to the Helio blocking penality? That wasn't even a Robin Miller night.

That...I missed.

Yes, I was thinking I could get IRL highlights by watching WT since I refuse to pay more $$$ on an already outrageous satellite bill for Versus. And, now that I think about it, it is only interesting when Miller is there. No more WT for me...

That...I missed.

Yes, I was thinking I could get IRL highlights by watching WT since I refuse to pay more $$$ on an already outrageous satellite bill for Versus. And, now that I think about it, it is only interesting when Miller is there. No more WT for me...

It should be noted that WindTunnel is not a news program. It's a racing talk show.

They usually do "Hot Topics" at the beginning of the show which VERY briefly covers race results, series news, etc. But after that it's pre-set interviews. Some nights (like when Robin Millier hosts) are all about IRL. Other nights are all about NASCAR, F1, or about a specific brand like when the head of Ford Racing was on a couple weeks ago.

It's not that Dave hates IRL. He likes all forms of motorsport. It just depends on what they have planned for the night's show. In the case of the Helio blocking penalty, they appeared to wing the first half hour so they could talk about it. It was actually a really good segment. They talked not only about Helio, but how blocking is handled in different racing series. They also touched on the Schumacher block at Hungary that weekend. When Ferrari issued team orders at Germany, they covered that for an extended segment too.

If you want news highlights you're better off sticking with The Speed Report. They cover nearly every form of motorsport on a weekly basis: NASCAR, IRL, F1, WRC, MotoGP, MotoX, WoO, NHRA, etc. WindTunnel is good for interviews, but your interests will determine if you happen to like that week's show. They've interviewed former Indy 500 winners leading up to the race before, and I think Robin Miller hosted a show the same week IRL unvieled the new car. That was pretty interesting.

This WT intro from last year was done on a Robin Miller / Bob Varsha night:

Back
Top Bottom