Does Logano get in the playoffs???

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
51 points separates the #22 from the 16th spot in points, occupied by Matt Kenseth.

Remember when the 22 team was on fire at the beginning of the season? Top 5 finishes week after week after week after week...til Richmond. Then it was 20th on back finish after 20th on back finish. The contrast is just astounding... http://www.racing-reference.info/drivdet/loganjo01/2017/W

He's pretty much fallen off the face of the earth performance wise and needs a win...but the team's showed no speed since the Great Cucumbered win of 2017. He's contended for the championship each year since 2013 and now it seems as though he won't even qualify. Honestly, I think this is a bigger 2017 storyline than KyBu not winning...jmo...thoughts?

I say he gets in on win or with points. I like a #22 in a 5 race run to out perform the guys around him. I don't think we see that many more different winners honestly. It's been a great first half of that but I think maybe 1 or 2 others hit the win column... notably Kyle Busch... aside from that there will be a few in on points. 22 will be one.

The issue is just what you mentioned, whatever they had up until Richmond was fast, since then not so much. Slow cars can make good drivers look bad. If they don't find speed it would not surprise me if he didn't make it.

Gotta win. Don't see him out performing those ahead of him without wins. But historically that team has shown up when against it if nobody torpedoes them.

51 points separates the #22 from the 16th spot in points, occupied by Matt Kenseth.

Remember when the 22 team was on fire at the beginning of the season? Top 5 finishes week after week after week after week...til Richmond. Then it was 20th on back finish after 20th on back finish. The contrast is just astounding... http://www.racing-reference.info/drivdet/loganjo01/2017/W

He's pretty much fallen off the face of the earth performance wise and needs a win...but the team's showed no speed since the Great Cucumbered win of 2017. He's contended for the championship each year since 2013 and now it seems as though he won't even qualify. Honestly, I think this is a bigger 2017 storyline than KyBu not winning...jmo...thoughts?
I agree. Logano is unlikely to make it on points, although it is possible if racing misfortune strikes a couple of others. And has not had winning speed most weeks of late, although he is certainly capable of winning any given race. I'd say his probability of making the playoff is less than 50%.

This year has been a fascinating race to make the playoffs. So many surprise winners. High drama week after week. It is a pity that some fans are not willing to embrace the good parts of the system we have. JMO.

I dont look at Richmond as the turning point like most..I see Kentucky. It was there he was involved in a multi car accident that included Aric Almirola. Visibly shaken up in the interview following, I'm willing to bet that incident is the reasoning for Joeys struggles. Hasn't shown speed since

IDK and don't wanna know how the point system works so I can't comment on whether he will point himself in. Unless a light switch flips I don't see him winning as this just isn't the 22's year.

I don't think it is matter of whether JLo can make the dance as he certainly could but the question of will he is another matter.

Yes. He's a threat to win Sunday, Watkins Glen and Michigan. I'd even bet on him at Bristol in a few weeks. And Richmond. I guess I'm trying to say it's what 6 races left until the Playoffs? He's a threat to win at each of those tracks

I dont look at Richmond as the turning point like most..I see Kentucky. It was there he was involved in a multi car accident that included Aric Almirola. Visibly shaken up in the interview following, I'm willing to bet that incident is the reasoning for Joeys struggles. Hasn't shown speed since

Aric didn't race at Kentucky.

Logano has had 4 crashes this year. 8 top 5s. 3 of those after his crash at Kansas involving Almirola. He has decent speed but no luck so far. Came in 4th last weekend, was up in the front until they had a slow pit and had to come back from 20th. It ain't for lack of trying.

Michigan is his last chance. Something is seriously wrong with that team though, their car has been straight garbage lately

One word, no way does he make in.

What's cool about this sport--any sport--is to see if he can get in. Fourth and goal. Can he pull it out. Would be a great story if he did. Gonna be fun.

They are starting to find more speed, but the Glen is probably his best or Bristol.

It would be like '14 when Keselowski did not make it. It was just an off season for him.

What's cool about this sport--any sport--is to see if he can get in. Fourth and goal. Can he pull it out. Would be a great story if he did. Gonna be fun.
This. Exactly this.

As a hater of Joey, I hope not. But Joey's always been pretty talented so he probably will.

If jgr keeps gaining speed their wont be any room for the 22 up front. Joey misses the chase.

Joey could win at any of the tracks coming up. But at the same time if he keeps having bad luck he will probably miss the playoffs

Joey could win at any of the tracks coming up. But at the same time if he keeps having bad luck he will probably miss the playoffs
Yes, this, why I dont think JoLo will make it, but anything can happen.

Still some good opportunities for this team.

It's not the 10.

Logano has had 4 crashes this year. 8 top 5s. 3 of those after his crash at Kansas involving Almirola. He has decent speed but no luck so far. Came in 4th last weekend, was up in the front until they had a slow pit and had to come back from 20th. It ain't for lack of trying.

^^^^This. He's had terrible luck this year (and a caught cheating?). Only Larson and Brad K have more Top 5 finishes then him. Only 4 racers have MORE top 10s then him. Yet he sits in like 17th place. Save for the above mentioned crashes which that's just luck for the most part he's been extremely consistent this year. Just by pure points alone he's one point out of 12th place and that's with these wrecks and I think he was docked 25 points? after his win.

No, I don't see him making the playoffs unless he pulls out a win. He would need the 20 to wreck early the next 2-3 weeks in a row to point his way in.

Nascar took away their speed to help Toyota and it might work. :sarcasm:
I believe they will find some speed and with Joey's ability they will get another win and there in.

Back
Top Bottom