Don O'neal

Lap3Forever

Staff member
"As the race went past the 70 lap mark a violent wreck in turn three brought out the red flag. Involved in the skirmish were O'Neal, Jimmy Mars (Elk Mound, Wisc,) and John VanDenBerg (Oskaloosa, Iowa). Both VanDenBerg and Mars ejected themselves from their severely damaged machines and promptly marched toward the O'Neal car. Both drivers were extremely emotional about the incident and had to be restrained by track personnel and police deputies." http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com

It is Tuesday evening about 11:45 p.m. and Don and I have just got home from Iowa.

Don was not requiring as much pain medicine and the spinal cord test that they have been waiting to do...still could not be performed due to the amount of muscle spasms that Don was still having this morning. Don will be seeing a doctor here in Indianapolis to follow up with his broken neck and to have the spinal cord test.

Don will also be seeing his eye doctor in the morning to determine the cause of his blurry vision in his right eye.

From everything that we have been told in the last few days...Don WILL be back racing by the first of 2005.

If anyone wants to e-mail Don or send mail...please do so at [email protected] or 4405 Cramer Rd, Martinsville, IN 46151.
I will be printing off several of the threads from 4M for him to read when he can see alittle better.

I want to thank everyone that I have personally talked to over the last few days...you all have been wonderful and you are ALL true friends and we consider you ALL family.

Thank you...Becky O'Neal

P.S. I publicly wanted to thank a few people that went that extra mile in the last few days....

I first want to thank my brother-in-law, Marty! You were AWESOME...you listened while I cried and told me it was going to be o.k. and you were taking care of him...And you did!

Then I want to thank Sam, Bob and Bill...you all have NO idea the weight that you took off me and how much better you made me feel!

Thank you to Smash for posting my up dates and thank you Dwayne for listening to me cry!

http://www.racingcorner.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...;num=1098065162

3oneal1.jpg

3oneal3.jpg

Credit for the pics goes to Rick Schwallie Photos

Back
Top Bottom