Drag Race High

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Question for the resident drag racing...expert?

Andy, being a drag race fan, have you noticed any new fans, or any increase in drag racing interest as a result of the Speed tv show Drag Race High?

The reason I ask is that USAC is exploring the possibility of a reality based show to try and garner some new fan interest. It seems that reality based shows seem to be all the rage now, but I'm curious as to how much, if any, they might actually help. And in this cae, that drag race high show seem to at least be a precedent for what USAC is looking into.

That's an andy question alright.

But reality shows are cheap to produce- no scritpt writers. So i could see it happening.

Question for the resident drag racing...expert?

Andy, being a drag race fan, have you noticed any new fans, or any increase in drag racing interest as a result of the Speed tv show Drag Race High?

The reason I ask is that USAC is exploring the possibility of a reality based show to try and garner some new fan interest. It seems that reality based shows seem to be all the rage now, but I'm curious as to how much, if any, they might actually help. And in this cae, that drag race high show seem to at least be a precedent for what USAC is looking into.

I haven't heard of a single fan being brought in from Drag Race High. Then again, they've never done that show anywhere around here... if they did, Maryland International Raceway would get it because they have contracts with SPEED. It might bring in high school kids who go to the schools that are involved in the show... but anything beyond that is doubtful. I've never heard of them drawing in any crowds any larger than your average typical Sportsman drag races.

If there's a reality show that's brought in fans, it's Pinks All Out. Want to talk about something that has transformed the sport and given it a whole new fanbase? They had a full house this past weekend at Maryland International Raceway... larger crowds than any sanctioned series that has ever raced there.

That's an andy question alright.

But reality shows are cheap to produce- no scritpt writers. So i could see it happening.
I could see SPEED airing it... they don't air racing anymore that's for sure:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom