Drivers who deserve better rides

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
What drivers do you think deserve better rides? Drivers who would thrive with better equipment.

David Ragan: Ragan has two wins on his resume . He'd be a title contender on a top ride.

Ross Chastain: Another has been said about Chastain. SHR should give him a call.

Landon Cassill: Another guy clinging to a lower tier team. I'd love to see him land a good ride in the future.

Bubba Wallace: Wallace has been out running his equipment all year.

A pipedream, but this is how SHR should look like next season.

#4: David Ragan
#10: Ross Chastain
#14: Landon Cassill
#41: Bubba Wallace

:headbang:

What drivers do you think deserve better rides? Drivers who would thrive with better equipment.

David Ragan: Ragan has two wins on his resume . He'd be a title contender on a top ride.

Ross Chastain: Another has been said about Chastain. SHR should give him a call.

Landon Cassill: Another guy clinging to a lower tier team. I'd love to see him land a good ride in the future.

Bubba Wallace: Wallace has been out running his equipment all year.

A pipedream, but this is how SHR should look like next season.

#4: David Ragan
#10: Ross Chastain
#14: Landon Cassill
#41: Bubba Wallace

:headbang:
David Ragan was a mid pack car at Roush in their heyday. Then he drove the 18 and did nothing. The others I agree with.

I wouldn't call it their heyday, more like the start of their downward slide. He won in that car, albeit a RP race.

Be interesting to see if Bubba is what he is claimed to be, as well Matt D.

I have to disagree on the David Ragan take, the guy has been given opportunities before and just doesn't seem to perform in top equipment...Roush it was hard to say how good the equipment was, but the 18 is as good as it gets and he still sucked in that car.

Chastain dserves a shot

Bubba sucks

Cassill sucks

Buescher could be this generations Mark Martin in top equipment (consistent and takes care of his stuff)

Ricky might win some races in a top ride but he over drives his **** a lot

Matt D is probably a Jamie mac potential in top tier stuff

Ross, Landon, Bubba, Chris Buescher and Matt D all need better rides. David Ragan has blown his chances, and I wouldn't mind seeing Paul Menard get ousted for one of these fellas, but that's a pipe dream if there was one.

Chris Buescher gets my vote 100 times over. I think he could be a multi time winner and get you into the playoffs maybe even a deep run if he was on a better team. He's a damn good and underrated driver, never drives in over his equipment and brings it home to boot.

Landon Cassill was a wash at FRM. Regan had some decent runs in the 18, but didn't do anything with it. Honestly, Regan was a great fit at MWR in the 55.

As a big Bubba Wallace fan, no I do not think he deserves a top ride. I want him to earn his keep IMHO, he has the personality and RPM has made some great strides in terms of pace as of late. Bubba needs to be where the likes of Chris Buescher is and that's in the top 15-20 on a consistent basis before saying that. Bubba is a great fit at RPM, they just need that little bit more in terms of money.

Same for Chastain, I think he would be dominating the Xfinity series, but I'd still like to see him win the Xfinity championship before moving up.

Buescher is probably the best prospect right now and JTG seem to be moving in a good direction. Trent Owens is Buescher's CC, he was Almirola's CC for a minute at RPM before being hired to JTG.

David Ragan was a mid pack car at Roush in their heyday. Then he drove the 18 and did nothing. The others I agree with.
Yeah he kind of wasted his opportunity. Still he seemed like he was ready for a breakout around 2009, as he finished 13th in points in 2008.

I have to disagree on the David Ragan take, the guy has been given opportunities before and just doesn't seem to perform in top equipment...Roush it was hard to say how good the equipment was, but the 18 is as good as it gets and he still sucked in that car.

Chastain dserves a shot

Bubba sucks

Cassill sucks

Buescher could be this generations Mark Martin in top equipment (consistent and takes care of his stuff)

Ricky might win some races in a top ride but he over drives his sh!t a lot

Matt D is probably a Jamie mac potential in top tier stuff

Cassill is pretty damned good. Look at how he wheels Morgan Shepard's ****boxes on Thursdays and Fridays.

I also think Bubba is pretty talented.

The thing they both have in common is ****boxes...

You lost me at David Ragan.

He and McMurray shocked the hell out of me. They occupied two seats on one of the hottest teams the series had... they managed to do very little that most folks will ever remember while occupying those seats... meanwhile their 3 other teammates were consistently running up front and finding wins... and known as ‘chase drivers’. I guess someone will tell me, together their tenures there totaled 3 wins... goodness... they should have combined for atleast 10 or 12

How the hell did they both pull that off for so many seasons there?

Cassill is pretty damned good. Look at how he wheels Morgan Shepard's ****boxes on Thursdays and Fridays.

I also think Bubba is pretty talented.

The thing they both have in common is ****boxes...

Yeah I guess I still base Landon sucking on how bad he was in Xfinity for Hendrick/JRM but that was a long time ago already. So who knows

I like Bubba as a person but I just think Buescher drove circles around him at Roush and he just doesn't have much more than mid tier talent....I feel like if you put him in a top car he would be equal to what Saurez is/has been doing.

You lost me at David Ragan.

He and McMurray shocked the hell out of me.
How the hell did they both pull that off for so many seasons there?
Losing while still earning big can become a comfortable situation.

When Jamie Mac was learning racecraft from Larry Philips he had no idea of the riches in his future.

Landon Cassill was a wash at FRM. Regan had some decent runs in the 18, but didn't do anything with it. Honestly, Regan was a great fit at MWR in the 55.

As a big Bubba Wallace fan, no I do not think he deserves a top ride. I want him to earn his keep IMHO, he has the personality and RPM has made some great strides in terms of pace as of late. Bubba needs to be where the likes of Chris Buescher is and that's in the top 15-20 on a consistent basis before saying that. Bubba is a great fit at RPM, they just need that little bit more in terms of money.

Same for Chastain, I think he would be dominating the Xfinity series, but I'd still like to see him win the Xfinity championship before moving up.

Buescher is probably the best prospect right now and JTG seem to be moving in a good direction. Trent Owens is Buescher's CC, he was Almirola's CC for a minute at RPM before being hired to JTG.
I guess I can see that about Landon's FRM tenure. Only thing I disagree with here is that Ragan even belongs at MWR. He ran like total **** the whole time he was in their car.

The rest is spot on.

Losing while still earning big can become a comfortable situation.

When Jamie Mac was learning racecraft from Larry Philips he had no idea of the riches in his future.

IMO one thing good about teams having to tighten their belts, it's a lot harder for drivers to pull in big money and run mediocre. McMurray the last 4 years was wheel holding IMO. So was David Reagan. I'm pretty sure Kiante will be in here setting me straight soon.:p

4 wins in 5 years when Newman drove for Tony at SHR. That was enough for me, but one win in 5 years for Childress sealed the deal. SHR was a cup winning ride.Newman is a mid packer doing a hell of a job in probably the last ride of his career.

4 wins in 5 years when Newman drove for Tony at SHR. That was enough for me, but one win in 5 years for Childress sealed the deal. SHR was a cup winning ride.Newman is a mid packer doing a hell of a job in probably the last ride of his career.

Meh I agree with you on the SHR stint but really he was better than Menard & Dillon in overall performance except Dillon getting 2 somewhat fluke (the Daytona win I guess was nice) wins compared to Newman actually racing hard for his 1.

I would have to agree that this Roush situation is actually pretty nice for him right now, they had pretty good speed at New Hampshire all day.

DiBurrito is the most correct answer

But honestly, 95% of drivers would be champion-caliber if they were in the best equipment and had the best pit crew, crew chief, spotter. This is more of a team sport than most people realize, and even the worst drivers at the NASCAR level are incredibly talented.

But honestly, 95% of drivers would be champion-caliber if they were in the best equipment and had the best pit crew, crew chief, spotter. This is more of a team sport than most people realize, and even the worst drivers at the NASCAR level are incredibly talented.
For example, see Bowman. He should be sending Jr. chocolates and flowers on a daily basis.

How is Matt the most correct answer? Last I checked his stats coming into New Hampshire weren't all THAT great compared to Kasey & McDowell. Obviously another top 5 run at NHMS may have changed that some. I need to see a few more top 10's/top 5's out of the 95 to close out the year before I say he's underrated.

You may be right BUT in defense of Newman, I am going to say SHR was geared up to make Tony look good and didn't cater to Newman's needs. (He got the same deal as Joey at JGR)
All that changed when they got Harvick and "The best CC in the garage" who made a winner out of Harvick AND made SHR look good.

Back
Top Bottom